Chapter 23: Hesitation

Eunyeon's POV

"I..."

"..like you, Eunyeon-ssi.", he spoke lowly, before leaning away, giving me a small smile.

And all of a sudden, he stood up from the grass, groaning out of relief, knowing that he just confessed, and there's nothing to worry about anymore.

He even dances randomly, showing how grateful he is that he managed to build up his courage to confess.

I just silently giggled at his silly dance, before pulling up a straight face.

"Jungkook-ssi,"

He had a relieved smile on his face, as he turned around, looking at me.

"Yes?"

"What were you saying? I could barely catch up your words,"

His jaw literally dropped to the ground, hearing my statement that I didn't hear him, which makes him lets out a disbelief scoff.

He took a deep breath, before looking at me with his eyes piercing straightly into mine. "Listen carefully, okay? I am just going to repeat this once,"

He took a deep breath again, once again trying to build up his courage.

"I, Jeon Jungkook,"

"..is in love with you, Eunyeon-ssi."

I looked down to my feet, before averting my gaze back at him, as an unbreakable smile plastered on my face.

"I know,"

Jungkook had a shocked look on his face, as he rushed towards me, sitting back in his previous spot, as he looked at me, wide eyes.

"W-what did you say?"

"I know that you are in love with me,"

He had his eyes wide again, as he shook his head in denial, "No way," he denied.

"Yes, Jungkook. I knew it already,"

"H-how?", he asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he anticipated for my words.

"Remember when we're in the hospital? You said you wanted to be more than just friends,"

He nodded, and I took that as a sign for me to continue.

"But then you said you were joking, and I acted like I was sulking, but then--"

"You heard me groaning that I should've just confessed to you?", he cut me off, as I nodded, smiling sheepishly.

He instantly stood up from the ground, walking towards the lake in front of us, grabbing a stone as he threw it into the lake.

He groaned in frustration, ruffling his hair harshly, as he turned around, facing me.

"Oh my god, I feel so betrayed.", he groaned again, as he pulled me up from the ground.

"So," he paused.

"Hm?"

"What do you say?", he asked me, as I hummed in response, acting like I'm still thinking about my reply to his confession.

"I'd say I need some time to think about it,"

He smiled sweetly, nodding, as he cupped my face in his hands.

"Take your time, I am not going to rush you.", he smiled, as his eyes curved into an eye smile that I missed so much.

I nodded, as he suggested for us to go home, so we walked along the street, heading back home.