Chapter 27: Ending scene

Eunyeon's POV

It has been a year since Jungkook and I started dating, and today we went out for a trip.

We're in Namjoon's hometown, Ilsan, and we've been here for 2 days and 1 night.

And now we're hiking, and all of it was Jungkook's idea. For an athletic person like him, it's not a problem for him to be hiking this freaking high mountain.

It's not even half of the journey, and I am already panting, gasping for air as I fixed my snapback.

"Jungkook-ah, I'm so tired already. Can't we rest for a while?", I said, as Jungkook who's feets away from me walked down the steps, heading to me who's already sitting on the ground.

"No, no. You've been resting for every quarter an hour! You're not resting anymore," he said, pulling me up from the ground.

"I don't want to do this anymore," I whined, shaking my head eagerly.

"Come on, we're almost there!", he pursued me, trying to pull me up from the ground.

"You're lying! We're not even half of the path to the top of the mountain!", I argued.

Jungkook heaved out a sigh, before crouching down to my level, ruffling my hair.

"I thought you said you want to lose some weight?"

"I do, but out of all methods, why are you bringing me to this place??", I whined as he bursted out in laughter.

"Get up," he said, pulling me up from the ground, making me stand on my feet.

He held my hand in his, as he dragged me along with him as we continued our journey to the top of the mountain.

An hour later, we're finally here, on top of the mountain, as my eyes lighted up at the very beautiful sight in front of us.

"It's so beautiful,"

"This is the best part of climbing up the mountain, Eunyeon. After all the hardships, you get to enjoy such a beautiful scenery.", Jungkook spoke.

"Jungkook-ah,"

"Hm?"

"Can I do something?"

"Do what--"

"I HATE YOU JEON JUNGKOOK!!!!!", I screamed on top of my lungs, knowing that people down there wouldn't hear us.

"BUT I LOVE MIN EUNYEON WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!", Jungkook screamed too, as I looked up to him.

Jungkook then pulled me into his embrace, as he placed a soft peck on my forehead as we enjoyed the view.

"How about a kiss on top of the mountain?", Jungkook smiled cheekily, as I giggled at him.

He slowly leaned closer, kissing me deeply yet softly.

He pulled away, smiling at me sweetly, leaning his forehead against mine, and that is when he sat down on the ground.

He patted the spot in between his legs, gesturing me to sit in front of him.

I sat in front of him, as he wrapped his arms around me, snuggling his head into the crook of my neck.

"Oh wait," he said, as he shoved his hand into the pocket of his sweatpants, taking out a small red heart shaped box as he held it in front of me.

My eyes went wide at the sight in front of me, smiling in awe.

"Eunyeon-ah,"

I turned around, facing Jungkook who had the most sincere look on his face.

"These past few months are probably the best times of my life, and I couldn't be more blessed to have you in my life. So, I've decided," he paused, opening the small red box, portraying a beautiful white gold ring with a small diamond attached to it.