Chapter 26: A kiss

Eunyeon's POV

After Chanwoo's funeral, all of us head home directly, as Jungkook drove my car, with me sitting next to him.

"Eunyeon-ssi,"

I turned my head to him, upon hearing my name escaped his lips, "Yes?"

"Are you okay?", he asked.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine,"

He stayed silent for a while, and we are almost there to our apartment building, but then Jungkook drove passed the building.

"Where are we going?", I asked, noticing that this isn't the way home.

"Secret,"

I just looked at him weirdly, who had a mischievous smile on his face, as his hand went up to his necktie, loosening his slightly choking necktie.

And damn, he looks hot.

I quickly looked away, trying to forbid myself from keep staring at him.

Jungkook then parked his car in front of the usual orphanage where I usually go.

"What are we doing here?", I asked as Jungkook took off his seatbelt, stepping out of the car.

I followed his actions, also stepping out of the car, walking towards him who had children cornering him.

"Eunyeon unnie!", Sooyeon exclaimed, running towards me.

I crouched down to her level, ruffling her hair, "How are you doing?"

"We're all fine!"

Jisung ran towards Jungkook, as he held him in his arms, "My little man,"

Jisung smiled at Jungkook, as he put him back on the ground.

We played some games with the kids, and after hours playing, it is time for us both to go home.

We bid a goodbye at the kids, approaching the car, as we both hopped in.

I fastened my seatbelt, as Jungkook did his too, placing his hands on the steering, reversing the car.

He drove away from the place, and I turned my head to him, "Jungkook-ssi,"

"Hm," he hummed in response, eyes still focused on the road.

"Thank you for bringing me there,"

"No problem. I am actually relieved now that your smile is back," he said as I looked at him who had a smile on his face.

I just smiled to myself, as we reached our apartment building. While we were in the elevator heading to the 10th floor, my phone beeped, signalling a new message.

I opened the newly received message, and it was from Jaeyi.

jaeyi: eunyeon-ssi, i'm at the park near your house. can you meet me here?

Leaving Jaeyi's message on seen, I told Jungkook that I'm going to the park for a while, and he approved.

I quickly walked out of the elevator, walking towards the park where I first met Jaeyi.

And there I saw him, sitting on a bench that was facing the lake, where Jungkook confessed to me.

I panted, as I sat next to him. "I'm sorry for being late,"

Jaeyi smiled sweetly at me, shaking his head lightly, "It's fine, there's nothing to be rush of though."

"Anyway," he paused, as I looked at him, nodding my head as a signal for him to continue.