Chapter 13

I get out of Dalton's car and walk in the clubhouse. Ty glares at Dalton as he stands by the door. I look at him. "Aren't you gonna come in?" I asked.

"You have to give me permission," he said.

"Dalton you're a big boy you don't need permission," I said. He rolls his eyes.

"Cute," he said.

"In order for a leader to enter another's clubhouse, they need permission. And someone as a witness." Ty said with his arms crossed.

"But I didn't need one when I went to yours," I said. Dalton smiled.

"That was a different situation," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Ty will you be my witness?" I asked.

"Why is he here?" he asked. I gave him an irritated look. "Yes I will," he said.

"Dalton, leader of the serpents you have my permission to enter my clubhouse whenever you please," I said. He smiles and steps in.

"Thanks, sugar." I roll my eyes.

"Guys are annoying." I wine as I walk up to Maya. She looks back at Dalton.

"I didn't expect you to be here," she asked. He stuffed his hands in his jeans.

"We have a lot to discuss and very little time," he said. She nods.

"Which brings me back to my question. Why is he here?" ty asked as Tim walks up glaring?

"You dare question your leader?" Dalton asked. Ty and Tim stood straight up and looked worried for a second.

"Of course not. Apologies Jax." Ty said. I looked at Dalton.

"What was that?" I asked.

"The penalty for questioning your leader. Death," Maya said walking up to me.

"Yeah no. Rule number one not killing anyone for asking questions." I said. Dalton opened his mouth to say something. "Don't make me repeat myself. I hate to." I said. He shut his mouth. I turn to my men. All of them giving Dalton dirty looks. "Either you're jealous or there's something I'm missing," I said. Dalton walked up to me.

"I'm not an alley," he whispered in my ear.

"I'm never gonna get this gang leader down," I mumbled. I took a deep breath. "OK let's try this," I say to myself. I took a step forward. "Sara sent a hitman after me," I said. Ty looked surprised.

"Why would she do such a thing?" he asked.

"Yeah, she wanted you to become the leader," Cal said.

"She must have good reasoning," Sebastian said. I looked around as they all talked.

"Sara isn't to be trusted. Do you think she became the leader because she was worthy? No, it's because I let her be. She wanted to destroy this gang. Don't ask why because we don't know yet. But one thing you should know is that Jax here is Robert's daughter by blood. Jax Astroid daughter of the man that started our two gangs. It is her that should lead you." Dalton said.

Ty, Liem, Tim, and Cal all looked surprised. I looked at Dalton. He looked at me. "Your father was the bravest man I knew. He started the gangs because when the south side was being ruled by the Nex gang they destroyed everything. We didn't have the good places we do now. Criminal walked the streets doing whatever they pleased. They were unstoppable. Your father gave the people back their freedom when he destroyed them." he said. I looked down.

"I had no idea," I said.

"Your father is a legend," Ty said walking up to me. "I would fight by your side any day of my life," he said. Liam walked by his side. Followed by Cal and Tim. One by one each of the men stood next to them. I looked up at Nick. He smiled.

"Dad sure knew how to stand out," he said.

"Oh good. You're all here." I heard. I turned around to see Sara. She smirked. Maya walked up to her and smacked her. Sara growled. I looked at Maya.

"I've always wanted to do that," she said. Sara went to hit her back but I stood in the way. She stopped in midair.

"You can't protect her forever," she said. I crossed my arms.

"She's one of us and we protect our own," I said. She giggles.

"God Robert was right. You were meant for this job. Sleeping with the enemy to become alliances. And being completely clueless to who your real enemy is. Sad really. The look on his face when I told him what my plan was. It was priceless. I almost felt bad for killing him." she said. I went to walked forward to hit her but someone grabbed me. I looked at Nick.

"It's not worth is sis," he said. I looked back at her.

"Yeah be a girl and listen to your leader," she said. I clenched my first.

"Entering without permission is a sign of war," Dalton said. She looked at him.

"Exactly," she said. Blane comes in the house and grabs Maya. I went to punch him but Sara head a gun to her head. "Think twice," she said. I looked at Dalton. He looked at Blane bad leg noticing he had a cast on it.

"You have two seconds to release my sister," he said. Sara just smiled.

"Nick, will you follow me out?" Sara asked. He looked at me.

"In your dreams," he said. She smiled.

"Yes, you are. But I wasn't asking," she said pointing the gun at me. I smirked. I grabbed her hand holding the gun and the gun in my other one and peeled them apart in a fast motion. She looked shocked. Maya was pulled out of Blane's arms and Dalton had him in a chokehold.

"Blane should have been more clear if what we're doing on our free time. You know he trained me to defend myself. That move was children's play." I said.

"I've always wanted to do this," Dalton said. I looked at him to see him about to snap Blane's neck.

"Dalton," I said. He looked at me.

"Question him first," I said. He let loose and Ty grabbed him.

"Sorry," Dalton said. Maya went into his arms.

"It's fine," I said. He smiled. I turned to notice Sara gone. "Fuck!" I yelled. I hit the wall and walked down the stairs.