Chapter 14

"Jax everything is going to be fine," Maya said walking down the steps. I sat on my bed.

"She went after you and a Nick. Who's next until she finally gets her revenge?" I asked?

"I don't know honey," she said sitting next to me.

"She wants what I have. She wants to become me. Why?" I asked. She smiles.

"Because you are amazing. You have a beauty that makes all the guys want you. You are smart. You're funny. What girl wouldn't want to be you?" she asked. I sighed.

"What exactly happened between her and your brother?" I asked. She looked down.

"Dalton saw her and it was like a school crush all over again. She became his weakness. She liked him back and together they were the power couple. Until Dalton found her in bed with Blane. It broke him. He wasn't the same. He threatened to take everything she worked for away. But he couldn't." she said. She looked up at me.

"She brought Dalton to your mother's house to talk to him because things with Blane wasn't exactly what she wanted. But he wasn't interested in hearing what she had to say. He just wanted revenge. I guess he saw you and it was a sign that you were meant to be. He can describe it better than I can actually." she said.

"A beauty with marble green eye's that take your breath away. Lips so soft like a feather. Hair so golden that brown is barely noticeable. The perfect beauty for a beast like me." I heard. I looked at the steps as Dalton stood leaning on the wall.

"Described perfectly," Maya said. I started at him. My head became fuzzy.

"Hi, my name is Dalton." He smiled as his eyes danced with the sunlight. I looked up at him. "What's yours?" he asked.

"Jax," I said.

"Weird name for a girl," he said.

"My mom calls it unique." He smiled.

"I like it." He stared into my eyes. His lips parted just slightly. "A beauty with marble green eye's that take your breath away. Lips so soft like a feather. Hair is so golden that brown is barely noticeable. The perfect beauty for a beast like me." He spoke.

"Dalton?" I whispered. He stood up straight with a confused look. Maya looked at him and back at me.

"Jax are you okay?" She asked. I looked down.

"I was starting the notebook when my mom yelled at me. She told me to watch where is was going or I was going to hit somebody. But I wanted to finish the page I was reading. Some guy bumped into me but it wasn't completely his fault. I apologize and gave him a smile. He said his name was Dalton." I whisper. I look up at him and as his eyes stared into mine. "A beauty for a beast like me?" I whispered.

"You remember?" He asked walking over to me. I stood up and looked at my hands.

"I think so," I said unsure.

"What was your response?" He asked.

"A beast? You don't look like any beast."

"A beast? You don't look like any beast." I replied. He smiled.

"You do remember." I was shocked that the memories came back and that he was right. I also remembered the flight got canceled and we ended up at a hotel which I snuck out of to meet up with him. My face lit up with memories of him and I in the sheets.

"More than I'd liked too," I said taking a step back. He smirked.

"I guess you remember everything." He said. I looked away from him as Nick watched us.

"Congrats." He said.

"What are we gonna do about Sara?" I asked.

"Well she started a war and we have someone who knows her plans so let's go question Blane," Dalton said. I walked past him and Nick up to the gym where Liem held Blane captive. Blane saw me and held up his wrists that we're chained down to the chair.

"Is this necessary?" I pulled up a chair in front of him and he glared at me.

"Let's talk about Sara." He turned his head away from me. "No?" I place my hand on his bad leg and put pressure. He let out a cry of pain. "Sara."

"What do you want to know?" He asked. I moved my hand and intertwined my fingers with a smile.

"You put that bounty on Nick, why?"

"Because she needed you to take her spot as leader. Dalton didn't give her much of a choice to leave and she wanted someone she could takedown."

"So everything you've done was for her?" I asked.

"Not everything." He said. I roll my eyes.

"What's her plan?" I asked.

"I don't know but even if I did I wouldn't tell you. You shot me." I leaned forward with a smirk.

"I shot you because I was proving a point. When you pissed me off the consciousness are deadly. Besides your a big boy. You can handle it." I said slapping his leg. He cried.

"You bitch." He breathed. Nick took two very large steps and punched him right in the mouth.

"You don't get to talk to her like that." He said.

"What are her plans, Blane?" He glared at Nick. His eyes flickered to mine and he spat blood on the floor to the left of him where Nick wasn't.

"Everything she's done so far she did to test you. The guy that went after Maya was sent as a test to see if you would kill him. Showing up at my house was do see if I meant more to you than she thought." He said.

"Tell me? What did her test come out to be?" I asked?

"I'm in the chair, aren't I? Meaning I'm no longer useful to her. She was hoping Dalton would have killed me but you stopped him. I'm starting to think she may have been wrong about you." I giggled.

"You think I stopped Dalton from killing you because I'm madly in love with you? No Blane I stopped Dalton from killing you because that right goes to Nick." He glanced at Nick and then back at me. "You are no longer useful to me." His face hardened.

"Don't do this Jax." He pleaded. I smile while standing up.

"Do what Blane? You taught me that traders deserve death and you are a trader so you did that to yourself." He let out a deep breath and looked at Dalton.

"Make sure Emmit is safe." He said. Dalton took two steps and crossed his arms.

"Why wouldn't he be?" He asked.

"Sara," Blane said. I looked at Dalton.