Chapter 30

I walk into the kitchen with Liam right behind me. Teresa was sitting at the counter talking to Rover who looked like he was very uncomfortable. I smiled when he looked at me. "Good morning beautiful. I made your favorite." He said. I stood by the wall trying to distance myself from her.

"Hmm French toast?" I asked. He chuckled as he handed it to me. "Thank you." I sat down at the table and looked at her. She gave me a small smile.

"You look well-rested." She said. I sighed.

"Let's get this over with. What do you want in return?" I asked?

"You mean for doing you a favor? Simple. Nothing." I gave her a bored expression.

"Nothing? You mean to tell me you are willing to help for nothing in return?" She let off a soft giggle.

"Maya your boyfriend already gave me what I wanted." She said. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Which is?" I asked.

"Freedom. I owed Bruce my life and now that he's dead I don't have to deal with him. Therefore I owe you this favor." I looked up at Liam. He stared at me. I turned back to her.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

"Well, I talked to a buddy of mine that happened to be Bruce's messenger. Apparently, Bruce and Sara have been hooking up for the past two months." She said.

"That would mean not only did Bruce side against his alliance he went against the codes," Liam said.

"Codes? What codes?" I asked turning to him.

"Gangs leaders are allowed to sleep with other gang leaders but if you do so outside your alliance you are not allowed to do any favors for that gang. When Bruce attacked us he was doing her a favor which meant he broke two gang laws. Meaning when we attacked him it didn't qualify as an attack on the gang just him. He broke two laws he was no longer in the gang." He explained. I nodded.

"I've talked to the Vipers and they understand that you were protecting yourselves and they do not wish to start a war." She said. Someone snorted. I turned to see Caleb in the doorway.

"Liam killed Bruce because he found out why Bruce hated me and why he was attacking us. We didn't know he was working with Sara until after he grabbed his phone." He said. I sighed.

"I know he reasonings, Caleb. I just held part of the reason. Bruce is gone and that's all I'm worried about." She said standing up. "Maybe you can put aside your jealousy Caleb and get to know Liam. Something tells me you two would get along just great." She said.

"I doubt that." They chimed. She giggled. I stand up and get ready to walk out when Caleb stood in my way. I crossed my arms.

"Where are you going?"

"I must have missed the moment when you became my watcher. I don't have to tell you anything." He folded his arms.

"You were there when your brother left me in charge. Or do we need to call him? If Sara knows you're here then you can't leave without me." He said.

"Get out of my way Caleb." He just stared at me. I tried to push past him but he stiffened his stance. "Really Caleb? Are we really going to do this?" I asked. He dug out his phone and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Dalton sorry to bother you. Yeah no, everything is fine. Maya here is being difficult. Can you tell her what you told me?" He said. He handed me the phone and I grabbed it.

"Dalton I could care less. There's no way in hell I'm hanging out with Caleb my whole time here. You made me come here don't ruin it for me."

"Maya do not test me right now. I'm dealing with enough over here so either you do as I say or we will lock you in the house until you can come home. Your choice." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Does it have to be Caleb?" I asked. Caleb looks hurt.

"No, I guess not. You can have either Rover, Grim, or Muse. But there has to be more than one guy with you. I'm not taking any chances." He said. I smiled and handed Caleb back his phone as Muse walked in. 

"Muse, how do you feel like going to the beach?" I asked looking at him. He grinned as Lily walks out in shorts and a flannel shirt. He turns to her. 

"Do you want to go to the beach today?" She smiled at me. 

"Yes. But only to see Liam with his shirt off." She joked. Liam laughed as he walked up to me. 

"Baby, as much as I hate the idea of him going I prefer for Caleb to be there. If he cares about you as much as he says he does then he will protect you with his life." He whispered in my ear. I meet Caleb's eyes and sighed. 

"I say we all go and have a little party? Teresa, you are invited along with Caleb." I said. He gave me a confused look. I looked at Muse who smiled. 

"I'll buy alcohol." He said. 

"Oh no, you won't. Last time you bought alcohol you bought nothing but the hard stuff. Us females do the driving at the end of the night so we can't drink that." I said. 

"Oh, what's the matter, Maya? You don't like the idea of walking up on the beach naked?" Grim asked. I scuffed. 

"Not even what I was getting at Grim." He smirked. 

"You might want to lay off on the flirting Grim. Maya's got herself a new man and he doesn't like it when other guys flirt with her." Caleb said crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes. 

"No, I don't like it when you do it because I know you mean it. He, on the other hand, is different." Caleb rolled his eyes. 

"If I Maya wanted me, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation," Caleb said. Liam pulled me into his arms and kissed my cheek. 

"Good point." He said. Caleb clutched his fists.