Chapter 31

I sit on the sand as the song Take you down by Chris Brown played. I smiled as Lily eyes me knowing this one of my favorite songs. She giggled as Muse places his hands on her waist. My back was pushed to the sand by someone's mouth on mine and I kissed back knowing Liam's touch. I opened my eyes with a smile. He kisses me a few more times and than kisses my cheek. "Hello, beautiful." He breathed. I giggled. 

"Hey." He stared at me for a while with love in his eyes. 

"So here's how tonight is gonna go." He started. I tried to put on my serious face without smiling. "I'm going to throw you into the water because I'm a jerk and then you are going to pull me down as you get out of the water. And we're going to swing and drink for a while until you're ready to go home. Then I'm going to take you home and kiss every beautiful inch of your body. Once I'm done with that I'm going to make love to you which is going to get crazy because you drive me crazy. Any objections?" He asked. 

"Nope. All of that sounds amazing." He smiles and kisses me again. He helps me to my feet and I walk over to Lily who was slow dancing with Muse. She looks at me and smiles. "Let's get in the water," I suggested. She nodded. Muse was giving Liam a knowing look and I realized that Liam wasn't kidding about throwing me in the water after I was already under. I jumped out and grabbed him kissing him. He chuckles. I push him in and tried to make a run for it. But Muse grabs me and throws me further in the water. I stand up with a murderous look and he just laughs. 

"Sorry pumpkin, I just couldn't help myself." He said. I pretended to still be mad at him so Lily had time to tackle him into the water. I fell laughing my ass off. Liam pulled me into his arms kissing me. It wasn't until after I was released from his grasp that I noticed Caleb watching us with a very pissed off look. Teresa showed up with her boyfriend named Trevor. She made sure to stay clear of me just in case I couldn't control my anger. I got out of the water and walked up to Grim's brother Josh who is also in the gang. He was certainly passing out the alcohol to everyone. He smiled at me. 

"What will it be beautiful?" He asked. 

"Bud Light please." He hands me the beer and glances over my shoulder where Caleb was dancing with some random chick who showed up. 

"He is hopeless." He mumbles. I sigh and turn back towards Trevor. 

"Yeah, he is. I love Liam and Caleb made it very clear he loves me. Everything I do he oversteps and acts like he's still aloud too. He hasn't gotten it in his head that I'm with Liam." I said. 

"Well maybe he has but he won't let you go because he still thinks he has a chance. If he thinks there's still a part of you that loves or cares about him he won't let go." 

"He was my first Trevor. How can I not care about him?" I asked. 

"All I'm saying is instead of rubbing it in his face that you're with someone else show him that you are over him." He said. I nodded. 

"Thank you." He nodded. "Can I have another one please?" He handed me it and I turned around. I walked up to Liam and handed him his. He places a kiss to my lips for a split second than hums. 

"Thank you beautiful." I kiss his cheek. 

"I'll back." He gives me a confused look. "Calm down I'm not leaving the beach." He chuckled and continued to talk to Muse. I turned and walked over to Caleb as the chick went to kiss him. He pushed her off then turned to walk away but stopped before running into me. She folded her arms and glared at me. "Don't be so easy and maybe he will want you." She stomped her foot and walked away. Caleb chuckled as I turn back to him. 

"Does your boyfriend know you are over here talking to me?" He asked. I roll my eyes and hand him a beer. 

"Liam doesn't care what I do until it involves him." He smiles. 

"So no." 

"Like I said he trusts me." He snorts. 

"Whatever that means. So why are you over here anyway? You didn't want anything to do with me earlier." I sighed and began dancing to the music. 

"Well since I'm clearly not getting rid of you anytime soon I want to try to get along with you. And I don't want you to think I'm rubbing Liam in your face because that's not what I'm trying to do." He sighed. 

"Maya you don't have to explain yourself. You moved on and I didn't. There's nothing you can do about that." I stopped dancing. 

"Can we not talk about this? I just wanted to try and be friends. For Liam and Dalton's sake." He sighed. Kissing on my tattoos by August Alsina played and it happened to be his favorite song. He smiled. 

"Dance with me." I smiled. We moved our hips to the music and sang along. He ended up setting his drink down as his favorite part came on. He danced behind me at a good distance but close enough to mimic my movements. Once the song was coming to the end I was breathless as I turned to him. He stared at me for a moment and memories of him and I together flashed. 

"I don't think we should dance together like that." I breathed. He nodded but came closer and grabbed my face ready to kiss me. I turn my head away and looked down. "Caleb..." His hand dropped and he took a big step back. I looked up at him and he swallowed hard. He looked behind me to Liam who was watching us. I took a sharp right and left them both behind me. I stopped when I got to a tree. I leaned my back on it and took a few deep breaths with my eyes closed. 

"Baby...?" Liam whispered. I kept my eyes closed as Caleb's memory faded. I opened my eyes to see Liam only inches away. I looked into his eyes and looked down. "I'm not mad if that's what you're thinking." 

"I thought that hanging out with him and trying to be his friend would show him that we could be friends. I thought his feelings for me would start to go away. I was stupid to think so." I breathed. He pulled me into his arms. 

"So you're mad because he tried to kiss you?" He asked. I looked up at him. 

"No, I'm mad because the only reason he tried is that he knew you were watching. I'm mad at myself for letting him get that close of doing so." He kissed my lips. 

"You have a history with the guy and being here and listening to these songs. Of course, you are going to want to fall back into old habits. But you stopped yourself." I took a few deep breaths. "I love you beautiful. Let me take you back to the house." I nodded.