brand new moves {p.p.}

Requested by AO3 user SeaweedBrain for a Peter Parker/Peter Quill dance off where Parker has a bunch of killer moves ;)

A smile dances across my lips as I tap my foot and watch everyone interact. It's nice to see the distinct lack of somber, quiet, and grief for one of the first times since everyone's return. It makes me indescribably happy to see everyone so cheerful—especially Peter.

As if he can sense my thoughts of him, Peter turns to me with a wide grin and a gleam in his eye as he approaches. "Oh, no. I know that look. What are you up to?" I question my clearly scheming boyfriend.

His brown eyes are lit up with a childish joy and mischief. It only grows as he inches closer, doing his very best to look innocent. "Whoever said I was up to anything? Can't I just want to spend time with my beautiful girlfriend?"

I shake my head at him as I stand to place a kiss on his cheek. Although, the moment I'm up, Peter's hand wrap around my waist and toss me over his shoulder. "What are you doing?!" I screech through laughter as he runs off with me.

"Mr. Quill challenged me to a dance-off. So, I obviously needed my cheerleader." He tells me like it's the most normal thing in the world.

Another laugh escapes me as he settles me on my feet. "Does he know that you totally can't dance?" I question with sarcasm dripping my voice. The truth is Peter Parker can dance. I taught him some basics a while ago, but he loved it so much he learned much more.

And boy, does he have moves.

Peter offers me a lopsided grin in reply, but doesn't get the chance to say anything before Quill enters with an iPod and wireless speakers. "You ready to have your ass handed to you, Parker?" He taunts, completely unaware of what he's gotten himself into.

My Peter just ignores him a turns to me. "A kiss for good luck?" He questions as he wraps his arms around my waist.

I tug him forward by the front of his shirt and kiss him with a smile. "That's not for luck. Because you're not gonna need it. He is, but he's getting nothing from me." He grins happily at my display as he gives me a quick peck before facing off with Quill.

"Let's do this." Quill shouts and points to Rocket to start the music. Retro music pours into the room, and I watch as the Quill starts off with some old style moves. "Take it away, Spidey."

Peter's lips curve upward into a smile as his body moves to the beat. It's honestly amazing to watch him. There's something different that emerges from Peter when he dances. When he's on patrol, he's wholly in his element—focused, determined, and happy.

But when he dances—it's a completely different side to him. He's carefree, happier, and more at ease than I've ever seen him. It's most peaceful and relaxed that I've seen him since before Ben or whenever he's sleeping.

The song switches, and Quill goes through another series of dance moves. Although, my attention is solely focused on watching my Peter dance. I'm so caught up in watching him that I have no chance to stop him as he drags me onto the dance floor with him.

My eyes widen in shock at him, but he only smiles as he nudges me with his shoulder. I'm lost for a long moment, until Peter starts the routine I know so well. It's the first dance we did together when I was teaching him.

We move together in perfect sync. Both of us falling into the familiar comfort of the beat. It brings a smile to my face to dance with Peter. Normally this is something that we do alone. Before this no one on the team knew either of us danced, and the shock is evident as they watch our fluid movements.

I can't help but laugh as Quill just gives up, and Tony quirks an eyebrow as he changes the songs between the genres. Peter just smiles and keeps his eyes on me as we change through from Hip Hop, to tap, and a few others.

We finish it with a laugh and heavy breathing. Both of us grinning from ear to ear as we take in the still slack jawed expressions of the team. Tony just shakes his head and types something in with a grin. "Nice job, kiddos. But I bet you can't dance to this."

Peter gives me an odd look as we wait to see what Tony is going to do. The sounds of a full orchestra pour through the speakers in a stark contrast to the former heavy pulsing beats. A chuckle escapes me as Peter makes a grand bow. "Might I have this dance, milady."

"Of course," I whisper back as I place my hand in his. Peter slips a hand on my waist and the other connects with mine. "Just don't step on my toes this time."

A laugh tumbles past his lips as he shakes his head, which sends a stray curl into his face. And I swear, the sight of it made me fall in love with him all over again. Chocolate brown eyes lit up with glee stare back into mine as he whispers back, "Don't worry, babe. I've been practicing."

His hand presses into mine as we glide through the room, lost in the movements and each other. Still, we can barely hear a defeated sigh from Tony as we dance. As the music swells in preparation for the finale, Peter quirks an eyebrow at me, "Follow my lead. Okay?"

I nod, trusting him entirely but curious to see what he has planned. Although, I don't have to wait, because right as the crescendo hits, Peter lowers me into a perfect dip. His forehead presses against mine as I relax in his arms, allowing him to have full control. And the grin that tugs at his lips make me unsure if I can support myself after this.

As if he can sense his affect on me, his grip remains stable on my waist as he lifts me back up and presses a kiss to my lips between our heavy breathing. "Well, that was fun." I giggle and turn toward our cheering crowd. "And I think you won."

Peter smirks at me, clearly about to deliver a super cheesy line. "With you as my partner, I'm always winning." And there it is, I think to myself, but still finding it horrendously charming. After all, I wouldn't have him any other way.