biker girls & diner boys pt.2

A/N: the picture above it actually a piece of my art that I randomly felt like sharing on this story part. I'm honestly so happy with how it turned out and that I'm finding my own style!  Hope you all like it and this next story part! ❤️

It's been almost two months since Peter and I first started dating, and I can easily say this is the happiest I've been—even if no one but Rosie knows. Of course, all of our friends know we're seeing someone; they just don't know who.

That doesn't stop them from trying to find out who it is though, or it being the topic of every conversation I'm in. Of course, it doesn't help that the town council decided to close down the greaser's school because of 'safety reasons.' Truth is, they just wanted to save money by refusing to fix the place up.

If I'm being honest, I don't really care that much. All I can focus on is that I'll be going to school where we actually get taught instead of ignored all day. Well, that and seeing Peter doesn't hurt.

"You ready?" MJ asks as she walks up to me with a grin. "You know today is gonna be one heck of a train wreck. Five dollars says one of the townies ditches as a form of 'protest.'"

I let out a laugh and nudge her, "I'm not making a bet I know I'm gonna lose. Now if you wanna bet that one of the townie girls is gonna turn as red as a tomato or make me wanna rattle them, I'll go in on it."

"Pretty sure all that stuff is gonna happen before lunch. So, I'm gonna pass." MJ pauses and looks at me as we near the entrance. "Did you tell him? You know, that you'll be going to the same school and all?"

I shake my head and shrug, "I kind of wanted it to be a surprise. Not to mention, it'd probably make it obvious if he didn't react the same way as everyone else."

"Do I get to know who he is? Or any details of your summer love?"

"You're not gonna give up until I do. Huh?" MJ just shakes her head at the question, and I let out a sigh, "Fine. If you must know, we met at the diner. Rosie pretty much played matchmaker the whole summer, and after our first date, she convinced me to let him walk me home. He was—he was so sweet."

"And? You gotta tell me more. What happened after that?"

"We kissed." I mumble and walk a little faster as MJ processes what I just said.

"You what?!" She screeches. "He must be special to have been your first kiss."

"He is. Why do you think I'm trying to keep the guys from finding out who he is? I don't want them to scare him off."

"Your secret is safe with me." I let out a sigh of relief as she nudges me on, "Now go ahead, you should go find your guy and tell him the good news. I'll keep everyone distracted."

"You're the best, MJ." I grin at her as we head inside. "I swear, the only thing that's gonna get me through today is knowing that we'll actually be taught for once."

"And your boyfriend." She teases and nudges my shoulder as we head inside. "How much do you wanna bet I'll figure out who it is by the end of the day?"

"Again, not gonna make a bet against you. 'Cause the second I do, you'll start spying on me, or do your silent observations until you got it pegged."

"Does that mean you'll tell me if I guess?"

"We'll just have to wait and see. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my locker." She waves goodbye as we head our separate ways, and I weave through the slowly filling hallways in search of 1307.

All the way, whispers and glares follow me, which I had already expected. It feels so much more hurtful knowing that I'll have to deal with this and worse everyday. If they ever find out about Peter and I, the gossip and venom they're throwing at me now will be nothing compared to it.