fight for phidey {t.h.}

PSA: This imagine is a bit of a cross-over from one of my books — Spiderman & Phantom: THE REM TRIALS. (Which if you're interested, feel free to check it out!) It follows Lia Bright aka Phantom as she tries to figure out the mystery behind the REM TRIALS, her part in it, and how to control her powers, and a whole lot more. In this imagine, Y/N tis RDJ's niece who plays Phantom/Lia in the MCU and is dating Tom during the Sony/Disney drama. Enjoy!

...

"Spiderman set to leave MCU? With the current contract between Sony and Disney coming to a close, the two companies have been negotiating the fate of our favorite web-slinging hero, but sources say that things aren't going well and leave Tom Holland set for more Spiderman movies outside of the Marvel universe. This leaves fans questioning what is set to happen next with the franchise and the affect it will have on the relationship between Tom Holland and his co-star Y/N Downey." 

It's all anyone has been talking about since the news broke. My phone has been filled with thousands of notifications trying to see what I know—if Spiderman is going to leave the MCU, or if it means the end of my relationship with Tom. As if us being in separate movies means a certain breakup.

I let out a heavy sigh as I drop my bag by the door and trudge into the living room where Uncle Robert and Tom are goofing off with action figures like two children. "And they say action figures can't be fun." I tease with a tired grin, and they both turn around with sheepish grins. "Sorry I'm late. The meetings ran a lot longer than they were supposed to."

"How did it go?" Uncle Rob asks as I fall onto the couch. "That bad, huh?"

"Well, a lot of stuff is up in the air for me until Sony and Disney can nail things down." I rub my eyes, suddenly grateful that I didn't put makeup on this morning. "Phantom 2 is still on the table, but there's no way to schedule it until they know where the story is going, which again circles back to everything going on. Not to mention, even my manager is asking if we'll be okay with whatever happens."

Tom just gives me a soft smile as he sits next to me and wraps me in a tight hug. "Trust me, I don't plan on going anywhere, love." He whispers as he kisses my temple. "You're kind of stuck with me now."

"You say that as if I mind." I chuckle and nuzzle my face into his warm chest. "Plus, no matter what happens, you're always gonna be the Peter Parker to my Lia Bright—even if you have to leave the MCU and get a new love interest. It's always us."

"And I'm taking that as my cue. There's only so much of seeing you with my niece that I can take, Holland." Uncle Rob jokes, but we all know he's just making an excuse to give us a minute alone. "I'll go see when dinner's ready. You relax for a bit. Okay, bug?"

I smile at the nickname that he kept after filming. "Hey, I'm not gonna argue." Tom chuckles as he runs his hands through my curls. "I'm ready for a break."

"Me too."

"Oh, I have an idea. We can dye our hair, change our names, and move to a small town where no one knows us." I tell him only halfway joking. "Or at least a vacation with no wifi and few people."

"We should do it. You could some time off." He replies and presses a lingering kiss to the top of my head. "I mean, I could too, but you've been working overtime for Marvel and the other stuff. I hate seeing you so stressed out."