the writer pt.3

Tom's thumb traces my knuckles as we stand backstage of another one of his interviews. I almost have to keep pinching myself to be sure that it's all real. This is my life now. Nearly two years of officially being Tom's girlfriend—well, fiancée now, even though the public doesn't know that yet—and it still takes getting used to.

"You okay, love?" Tom whispers to me, and I nod in reply. "I was thinking—"

"That's usually a good thing." I tease, which makes him laugh and shake his head. "Sorry, go head."

"Well, our anniversary is coming up, and I want it to do something special. So—"

"Tom, they want you on stage." Harry calls, unknowingly interrupting his brother. It makes Tom sigh and rest his head against mine. "Dude, c'mon."

"Go ahead, babe." I tell him with a soft smile and quick kiss. "We can finish talking when you're done with everything."

"Fine, but only because I have to." He teases. "I'll see you after, love."

"Just remember to be careful, Spoiler Man." I call after him, which makes him turn around to offer me a mocking glare. "Love you."

Harry shakes his head as Tom heads out into the interview. "Sometime I think that you two are such an odd couple, but then I remember that I'm the one that set you two up. I'm still waiting for a proper 'thank you' by the way."

"Really? I've already told you 'thank you' like a hundred times before." I shake my head at him. "For real though, thank you, Harry. If it wasn't for you, I don't know if this would have happened if not for you."

"I'm sure it would have. It might have just taken a little while longer." Harry tells me and bumps his shoulder with mine. "You make him really happy you know."

"He makes me really happy too." I smile at Tom from my spot backstage as he greets Jimmy and the interview starts. It starts off with the usual basic questions, and Tom talking about the past two months in Cleveland filming with the Russo brothers.

I have to hold back a laugh as he talks about the fact that him and Harry know nothing about basketball. "Yeah, my girlfriend was trying it to us, but it didn't go well since she didn't know much about it either. So we were just sitting there drinking and made this other version of how they should play." He pauses mid-chuckle, "It didn't really work."

Harry and I try to hold in our laughter as him and Jimmy try to figure out each superhero's football teams. "You mentioned your brother and your girlfriend. Are they here with you tonight?"

"Yeah, they're actually backstage."

"You know, I actually met your brother last time you were here. I'm always curious about it. Does he um—does he work for you?"

"I work for him if I'm being honest. We just set up a production company together, and we've been writing a script together with Y/N's help. So yeah, if it weren't for her and Harry, I wouldn't be here right now."

"Why do you say that?" Jimmy asks with a smile.

"Because I'm stupid. Harry tells me where to go, and Y/N keeps me out of trouble."

"It's a full time job if I'm honest." I mumble to Harry, who chuckles. "Sometimes I wonder how he managed this long without me."

"Trust me, it wasn't easy for anyone before you came around." Harry replies with a smile. I roll my eyes at him and turn back to watching the interview as he starts to talk more about the script writing process.

"Yeah, it's a process. Usually it starts with like twenty minutes of arguing, ten minutes of productive work, and then we don't speak for two days. I swear, like half the time it's just Y/N making revisions and being the mediator between us."