good times pt. 3

Months later:

I sigh and wipe my sweaty palms on my pants. I've endured months of strength and fight training for the biggest role I've ever had. After Tom had to leave with Harrison for filming, I had a meeting with the casting agents to get all the details. Turns out, I'm the newest addition to the Marvel superheroes and get to be featured in the next Spiderman film.

The big catch? Tom and most of the cast has no clue.

My phone rings with the same ringtone that happens everyday like clockwork. I can't hide the smile that dances across my features at the sight of Tom's contact on my screen. "Hey, babe." I cheer and prop the phone between my shoulder and ear as I grab my things. "How's filming going? Miss me too much yet?"

"I'm always missing you too much." He retorts happily. "And to answer the first question, filming is going great. Exhausting, but great. Any updates on your super-secret project?"

"Actually, yes. I'm leaving for filming soon, which is very exciting. It will be nice to have all this training and work used for something after so long." I sigh and bite my lip to keep from spilling the secret. "I really hope the schedules work out so we can see each other soon. Three months feels like an eternity."

"Especially after nine years apart." Tom adds on with a heavy sigh. "Don't worry, love. We'll find a way to see each other soon. I'm so sorry to cut this short, but I have to be back on set. I love you."

"Love you too, Tom." I sigh and toss my phone in my bag. Despite the work, every day has seemed to drag by in anticipation of getting on set and seeing Tom again. Now, it's finally here. Marvel is ready for me to join production and give Tom the surprise of his life.

"Oh my gosh. Your costume is probably the best thing I've ever seen." F/N cheer as we both look over the epic costume created for me. "Obsidian is a total badass."

"She really is." I agree before the nerves start to resettle. "And I just got super nauseated again at the realization that this is really happening."

"Don't worry, Y/NN. I'm sure F/N, Tom, and I have enough faith in you to suffice." Harrison teases, and I immediately bound towards him in excitement. "It's great to see you too. Tom is going to lose his mind when he finds out though."

"I'm looking forward to it." I laugh and bounce on my feet. "Still, this is just so crazy."

"Miss L/N, you're needed on set." A production assistant informs me and breaks up the conversation. I give them a quick thank you before turning back to my friends. They both offer me encouragements and smiles as we sneak off for the grand surprise.

By the time we get there, filming is just about to start, which means everyone is rushing about to get the last minute details prepped for the scene. I'm reminded of my lines and the events of the scene before I'm ushered out of sight for the grand reveal.

I watch as the underground scene starts with Tom dressed up as Peter Parker. My heart races as my cue inches closer with every second. Jake delivers his line, and I take a deep breath before rounding the corner and smirking beneath a half mask to 'Fury.' "Sorry, I'm late, but you know me, boss. I can't refuse a chance to make a good entrance."

"It's fine. I'm just glad you decided to show up." Fury complains as he shakes his head at me. "Obsidian, you already know Mysterio, but there's someone else I'd like you to meet. He's new so play nice. That is Spiderman."

I turn towards Tom and make sure to stay in character. "No need for introductions with this one. We already know each other." I smile at Fury as I take off the mask with a smirk. "Long time no see, Peter Parker."