Chapter 6

Jodi and Jesse drank beer in his kitchen. They were reminiscing about some wild times at Garvey's. Jesse had a grayish goatee and a bald head.

"I can't believe you and Bonnie fucked in the hallway of the hotel," Jodi said as she laughed. "You two couldn't make it to a room?"

Jesse chuckled. "It wasn't that. We were in the mood for a change of scenery, so we snuck up to the second floor and did the deed right against the wall."

"No one saw you?" Jodi asked with astonishment.

"Of course, people saw us. A drunk couple from out of town got off the elevator. They didn't care. The middle-aged guy encouraged me."

"How?"

"He said, give her hell, man, I'm about to get balls deep myself," Jesse said and laughed.

Jackie laughed, too. "Oh, shit."

"You think that's a hoot, check this out. The door next to us opened and a man came out stark naked. His woman peaked behind him. She was naked, too."

"Oh my god, what did they say?"

"Nothing. They came out and closed the door. Dude leaned back on the door and his woman got on her knees. She sucked him off as he watched Bonnie."

"Oh, that explains the cum stains on the second-floor carpet from four months ago," Jodi said and chuckled. "Jackie wracked her brain trying to figure out what the hell went on up there."

"That was the dude, girl. The brunette must have fucked that dude before because she got the hell out of the way before he blew. That girl's face would have been shot to hell if she hadn't. He came hard and wide."

They both laughed.

"I know. I saw the cum stains across the carpet."

"As you know, I like to rain inside," Jesse teased.

"Yes, and you did an excellent job of making it rain," Jodi said and raised her beer bottle to him.

Jesse smiled. "You sure you don't want to taste another sample of the product before you go?"

"No, it's fine. You're not trying to get me drunk or drunker to take advantage of me, are you?" she teased.

"Hell no!" Jesse exclaimed. "Matt Kirby will come after me with a shotgun."

Jodi laughed. "He's not that obsessed with me."

"Bullshit," Jesse slurred out. "You have forgotten that I am privileged to be part of the inner circle. That boy is crazy about you and you're crazy about him. Stop denying it before you fuck up a very rare thing," he said and took a long swig of his beer.

Jodi looked down at her beer bottle. "I admit it. I am more than fond of him. And it's more than sex. I'm afraid that I could be in love with him."

"You don't know?"

"Not really. I've never been in love before," Jodi said and took a swig of her beer.

Jesse stood and went to the fridge. He pulled out two more bottles of beer. Walking back to the wood table, he asked, "Well, describe your feelings."

"I think about him all the time. I enjoy our conversations. When we're not together, I wonder what he's doing. I worry about him being a cop sometimes, but I figured that's normal."