Chapter 40

Down On My Knees

“B, you’ll be having a press conference at 9AM regarding VenusPH’s anniversary special. Some of the directors will be with you at the conference. There will be a lot of media and we all know how nosy they can get so be prepared to be asked personal questions too, okay?” sabi sa akin ng assistant ko na si Auie na kararating lang from the US kagabi. Nahuli siya dahil inayos niya pa yung schedule ko and to meet up with the VS’ staff for their upcoming fashion show kung saan nakaline-up ako to model.

“They might ask you about the recent rumors involving you. Take note of the S! Why do they always drag your names into messy break-ups or create speculations on who you are dating!? I think you need to show them your boyfriend so they’ll stop. Oh right! You don’t have one! Why don’t you get a boyfriend already?” Patuloy nito. I just rolled my eyes. Lagi nalang niya akong pinagsasabihan to get a boyfriend, nagtataka din siya kung bakit sa dami nga naman ng lalakeng lumalapit ay ni isa wala akong pinaunlakan na date.

Yes, in that one year wala akong inentertain na lalake. I focused on my career but the media still managed to link me with some men and all of them are just good friends whom I hang out with some times. But the most constant of all men is Jerks, they all think we’re an item. We never confirmed or denied anything cause we both think it’s not necessary at all. We actually think it’s ridiculous that people think we are a couple when we are practically like brothers and sisters.     

“We’ll be having lunch with the executives after the conference. Then, you’ll be guesting at a local talkshow so right after lunch we need to hurry to the studio. That’s your entire schedule for today. So basically, you’ll be doing a lot of interviews. Your favorite!” natatawang pang-aasar nito sa akin. She knows how much I dread being interviewed dahilan na din sa paulit-ulit lang naman ang mga tanong.   

“Ugh! Thank you for the headaches. You do know what I like the most!” I sarcastically told her. Tumawa ito.

“Oh but you’ll love me tomorrow cause I accepted an offer from a local variety show for you to perform on. They say you can do whatever so it’s up to you if you wanna sing or dance or sing and dance.”

“You filled my schedule way too fast given you’ve just arrived last night and that is why I love you and hate you too at the same time.” Ani ko.

“Is it my fault you’re so popular that they all wanna have you as their guest?” tanong nito sa akin ng nakangiti.

“My fault then but, I swear, it’s tiring to be pretty gorgeous!” I mocked annoyance then we both laughed.

“Humility, my dear. Humility please!” natatawang payo nito sa akin.

“Hey, I’m being humble!” natatawang sagot ko dito. “Anyway, I guess I’ll just sing for the show. I am not fully conditioned to do a dance number right now. Before I forget Auie, have you talked to Ted about our collaboration for his new album?” I inquired.

“I haven’t talked to him about that. Would you like me to call him?” tanong nito sa akin ng may himig na excitement. She has a huge crush on Ted.