Primal Concrete Sledge

Capitol Theatre Olympia Washington, August 6, 1991

"Baby... hey," Chris calls after me as I walk to the dressing room. I still say nothing as I head inside.
"Andi, why aren't you talking to me?" Chris asks as he follows me in.
"I... I don't want to talk about it...my god damn shirt is fucking soaked from that bitch and I just want to go home.." I say as I look around for a spare shirt that I can just throw on. Chris comes up behind me and reaches for my hand.

"Baby... come here," He says sweetly to me and takes me in his arms and holds me for a few moments. I then pull away from him after I feel like I've calmed down enough.
"Chris... can we just go home?" I ask as I look up at him.
"Sure baby," He says so sweetly and leans into me to place a kiss on my forehead. He pulls away and grabs his spare shirt from the chair and we head out of the dressing room. Chris had already packed up his guitars right after the show ended so at least we could just get in the truck and go.

As we pull out of the parking lot, Chris turns on some tunes while I sit in the passenger seat and look out the window. We drive in silence for a little bit as Pantera's Cowboys From Hell album plays through the truck stereo system.

"What happened baby?" Chris says as he looks over at after a few moments of silence.
I sit for a few minutes and then look out the windshield.
"I just... I hate myself for acting that way," I say and look down at my hands.
"Why?" He asks.

"I just let some stupid bitch get to me and I should've just walked away. I wanted to fucking punch her," I say as I look back out the windshield.
"What happened?" He asks again and I realize I'm not explaining myself very well. I started from the beginning and explained how it started. Chris looks at me with a smile and then quickly changes his expression to serious while he tries not to laugh. Then I explained how she ended up getting to me.

"... so when she basically called me a Behemoth, and not in the way that I love Behemoth," I say as I point at my shirt.

"I said something about her having too many dicks in her ears... and then she came back with you fucking her somehow... I don't know... it was just stupid..."

I look over at Chris and he has the biggest smile across his face and I could tell he was trying not to laugh.
"Chris... it's not funny," I giggle though I'm trying to stay serious.

"You kicked her ass though," He laughs as he smiles at me. I smirk and squint my eyes at him and try not to let him make me laugh but I couldn't help it.
"Well I would've fucking punched her too if the bouncers didn't stop me..." I say laughing a little.

"Baby, why were you so upset about it? Like I said... you kicked her ass... when I saw you push her down, that was fucking awesome," Chris smiles as he looks out the windshield.
"Chris... I don't do that... I'm not one to act like that at all so I just felt embarrassed for myself I guess," I say as I turn and look out the windshield.

"Why?"

"I don't know... Just ever since my mom died I just... loose my shit easily and I don't mean to. My old self just would've not said anything to start with. If I would've heard that chick say those things about you back before... you know... and seeing her whip her boobs around to get your attention, I would've just ignored it... but it pissed me off, I hate fucking groupie mentality like that. It makes us chicks who don't act that way, give us a bad rep for when we are actually fans and love the music and the person... not just to fuck them because of what they do..." I say as I turn to look at him. He glances over at me and gives me a smile then takes my hand and bring it up to his lips and places soft kisses on the back of my hand.

" I love you so much babe..." He says with his lips grazing against my skin.

"You're not mad?" I ask.

"Fuck no, I'm happy you are able to stand up to bitches like that. I'm glad you didn't let her get to you at all, you fucking knocked her down... that was fucking awesome," He says as he looks out the windshield. I move closer to him, tuck his beautiful curls behind his ear, revealing his small silver hoop earring and I place a kiss on his earlobe. I hear him sigh as he leans into me a little and I gently pull away.

"Just let me be there next time.... damn it," He smirks at me and I laugh as we make our way back to Seattle with Pantera blasting through the speakers.