Chapter 26

Hi Guys so thanks for reading:)

We're sitting with Dawson still and The doctor comes in and he looks at us and her.

"Hello,ms.dawson. How are you feeling sweetheart?"

"Hey doc,im ok. But my head hurts alot,thats why I'm not opening my eyes. Everything hurts it."

"Well that's is because between the brain injury an being buried pretty much alive. You have an extreme loss of oxygen to your brain. if you look at the brain scan we took. You can see that your right side of your brain towards the front is a greenish gray shade..."

"Oh,meaning?.." Casey asks.

"This means that,that is the most affected area of her brain. The part with the less oxygen will be discolored."

"So what should we do?" Casey questions.

"We should think about physical therapy. Or surgery. I think that doing both would be most effective. Except brain surgery,as you know Matthew, is a difficult thing. Because it's somebody else's section of that particular part of the brain she needs. So she will think and act and maybe talk differently most likely.

"Ok. So you think surgery is the best option to bring her to where she was a year ago?"

"With physical therapy. Yes. But she might not even need the operation is therapy helps"

"Why don't you just give her a whole new brain instead of the one area?"

"Because the rest wasn't as badly affected"

"By talking and acting and thinking different do you mean she could come out of surgery a whole new person?"

"Well yes. Were using someone else's internal storage per say"

"Ok. Is there a way to reverse that?"

"Not really. Sorry."

"So what can you do to get her out of bed right now?"

"We can't give her any kind of meds but.......wait I think I might have something for her." he says curiously and walks away.

Me and Casey look at each other confused.

The doctor walks back in and puts some blue liquid in to the bag of water that is attached to the iv in her hand.

She all of the sudden opened her eyes. But then they roll back.

Casey panicks. But the doctor tells him to settle that that is a side effect as is supposed to happen.

In a minute she gasps and sighs she then opens er eyes cautiously.

"That was one hell of a drug" she says as she sits up.

I laugh.

Casey smiles and holds her hand.

"I love you" he says.

She smiles "I love you too" they kiss.

Shay pretends to throw up. And I say "ewww cooties"

Casey gives me the finger and We all laugh.

"So doc,can I like have..more clothes!" she says pulling the blanket over the thin,revealing. Hospital gown.

"Why dawson? I've already seen you without clothes so what's the matter?" I say sarcastically.

She glares at me funny.

"Wait...what?!" shays asks scared.

"You had to be there" says Casey.

"Haha yeah you can put some of your own clothes on if you wish" he says.

"I don't have any comfy ones here" she says.

"I can go grab you some" Casey says.

"Oh, if you want we can save you a trip home and we can get her some nurses scrubs." The doctor says.

"Oh ok thanks Casey says."

He looks at her really quick and says "small right?"

"Yeah."

He comes back in,a few minutes later and Hands her blue nurse pants and the matching t shirt.

"Ooh they look comfortable" she says.

"They are, I've heard.I actually bring them home for my wife. She loves them"

She laughs.

We leave for a minute so she can get dressed.

Me and shay talk.

"So do you think she knows about you know who?"

I ask as I look towards the hall,Where chout walked away.

"Well,she didn't say anything soo I guess not"

Casey comes out

"Hey you guys can come back." He says as he turns around I grab his shoulder.

"Hey does she know about.." I pretend to hold and rock a baby.

"No I haven't told her yet. We should do it know while you guys are here."

"Yeah"

We all go back in.

"Dawson. Did you know you were pregnant before you "died" Shay blurts out . Making quotes with her fingers around the word died.

"Yeah. I was going to tell you guys but then I "died" " she mocks shays finger air quotes.

"Oh. Wait so if you weren't dead then the baby must be alive!!" Shay gets excited.

We call in a nurse to do an ultrasound.

"Hmm" she says.

🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒

Haha cliffhanger lol thx for reading. I'll update soon.