Chapter 4 - as if it wasn't hard enough

The lesson was quickly interrupted by the Principle over the intercom system. I wasn't going to listen but then something spiked my attention as he began to speak.

"Students, as you may be aware the southside has been experiencing issues in their school. We have been asked to consider taking their students until the situation is rectified; our decision has not been made yet but whatever it may be. You will accept it and move on" principle Weetherbe spoke, the southside High kids? That was a large crowd, obviously from a bad background according to the rumours about them, they are what people see as responsible for the drug problem in Riverdale but I assume that's just people wanting to place a blame on someone and not having anyone to blame.

The school had enough of a problem on its own never mind adding students however, I wasn't so bothered by the idea. I knew there was nothing I could do and it wasn't like I was going to talk to them, I had heard rumours that Jughead, the guy from before had moved to Southside high. However, it wasn't a topic I knew a lot about. I did see him this morning with Betty so maybe the move isn't complete yet? Maybe it's not happening.

I had no idea, I had never crossed the line to the southside of Riverdale. I never saw a needed to, if I didn't come to school here I doubt I would enter this part. I felt my phone vibrate and knew exactly what it meant. I sighed and pulled it from my jacket pocket and took a deep breath.

Everyone was too busy discussing how our school will be horrible if the southside enter and how they would ruin it and we'd have no pride left. Pride a weird thing for people to have, especially in a school they complain so much about. I flipped my phone over and saw the screen light up. I saw the text message from Adeline. Oh lord what happened now.

Addy: LJ we've got big trouble, Malachai was handing out the shifts for this week and the new is marked down for this big business partner that's coming tonight, she can't handle it LJ, they'll eat her alive. Malachai wants you behind the bar for most of the night, what do we do? x

I read the message over and over, we have a new girl? Guess she's starting tonight, poor baby. I knew exactly what I had to do. Something that I would hate in minutes to come but I did it anyway. If not for me for that poor girl.

Me: Addy?, switch the shifts with me and the new girl, you take the bar and I'll deal with Malachai and his business partners. Put the girl on drinks, she can hand them out start her off slow and get a hold of 'Diamond' and get her on the stage? She likes it up there, getting all the attention x

I knew what would happen when Malachai found out I had switched places with the new girl but I wasn't up for a dead girl tonight so this had to be done. Plus I knew what to do and how to handle this situation, she wouldn't.

Addy: Shift starts at 7pm, the girls have been told the plan and for the love of god LJ don't let him put you back in the hospital again. It was bad enough last time. Make sure to dress nice sweetpea!. You'll knock em dead babes ;) x

I rolled my eyes, of course it would be at 7pm, I'm assuming that's when the business deal would start but this could a mistake. I knew I'd be on the bar before that, making sure to get as many drinks out as I can before someone else takes over.

Me: Addy, I'll be on the bar first right?, ugh dressing nice? Yeah well I don't get much of a choice and I'm always careful Babygirl ;) x

Adeline was like my sister, she was the only person that was trying so hard to find my family with me. She wanted me out of that place as fast as she could get me out, she's like my big sister. God she's got me out of some stupid situations.

Addy: Yeah your on bar at 7 till 9 when the business partner turns up, Goodluck babes!, you'll knock em out of the water McKenzie x

Adeline rarely used my 'name' so to speak, she used my real name to give me a sense of who I was. So I'd never forget what I'm fighting for and so that is never forget that I'm not who these people made me. She only used my name when other people were around so they couldn't let it slip and go blabbing around the town. That would make my chances of finding out who my family is slim to none with Malachai.

I looked up and noticed that the teacher was still trying to calm the class which was unsuccessful and that almost amused me since she did such a terrible job she decided to let us go since the news had created some upset and discomfort. I quickly grabbed my things and walked to my locker past the Blue and Gold office where I heard people talking. I guess they were really opening it up again for good this time, Jughead and Betty copper. Now that's a team you don't wanna mess with but I guess soon it will only be Betty since Jugheads move?

"River Vixen tryouts tomorrow after school everyone, feel free to tag along and see if your good enough" Cheryl's voice rang through a megaphone, god that was annoying although it was something I wanted to do but that wouldn't be good it would clash with work hours and that was something I couldn't risk, something that if I missed work for Malachai would kill me especially after the stunt I'm about to pull.

I placed everything in my locker and went into the dance hall where the tryouts would be held tomorrow and saw the fullness of former vixens try outs so I decided to go sit on the bleachers where the football tryouts would be held it would be quieter to some extent.

I made my way there and saw Archie Andrews on the field, ugh. I didn't see the obsession, Veronica and Archie had just started dating. Everyone came to school a week before me, I missed a lot due to 'injury' in realty Malachai and Penny had me working in the club more than usual to pick up the slack from the girl that left.

I heard Betty and Veronica talking about the revenge on Chuck Clayton that had been investigated and was currently on going until the conversation switched to Jughead's birthday party and how it would be inner circle. Blah blah blah, I decided to plug in my earphones and wait until my next lesson to get it over with so I could get home and to work.

Little did I know, I was later to be invited to that party by a certain Blossom in the mood for chaos.