Chapter 22 - cant catch a break

I woke up with a start and found myself surrounded my white walls and a glass window, where the bell was I? Then I heard it, the beeping of a life machine telling everyone i was alive. They had done it again, they had put me in hospital for god sakes. I moved a felt the biggest surge of pain move through me and I winced. Lucky for me I had been here too many times to not know how to get out.

I saw my bag placed to the side of me meaning someone came and saw me, I grabbed my phone and went for the one person I knew could help me.

LJ: Addy, I need to you to sign me out x

Addy: Omg LJ, not again, I'm on my way x

I sighed and looked at the time, it was an hour and a half before school and she smiled knowing she could make it to the southside kids induction like she promised, she saw all her messages from an extremely worried Kevin. Oh no.

Kev: Hey McKenzie, did you make it home?
         Dude where are you?
         Your worrying me?, text me back
          I've sent dad out for you
         Love ya girl x

Oh god, I'd have to face him today and he knew what happened more than likely. Sheriff Keller would have found me again this was getting too close to call now I didn't know what I was meant to do anymore. I pulled the needle out of my hand since they freaked me out on a whole new level and waited for Adeline.

Sure enough, twenty minutes later Adeline walked in with a change of clothes and a mad doctor that I was going home, I couldn't risk being checked and them finding out McKenize McCall isn't a person and if they found out my real name they'd blab and that wasn't good for me, I got out of the bed ignoring my broken ribs and went to get changed, Adeline brought me a skirt and a long pink top, it was very cute. I pulled my tights on and got dressed, I put my hair into a half up half down style and slid on my leather jacket and put my ankle boots on.

I walked out and thanked Adeline, I'd be lost without this girl. She nodded and led me out of the building and drove my bike to school since I refused to go home, I knew it was reckless but oh well, I promised I'd do this so let's do it. After we arrived at the school Adeline gave me my keys and told me to stay out of trouble, she had put her number down as penny's so if I had trouble she'd find out and could pull me out, this was a fact that I didn't know until now.

I walked into the building and saw Veronica and Kevin, oh shite.

"McKenzie?!, what are you doing here? You have four broken ribs and a cracked wrist, you should be in hospital" Kevin screamed, yeah sheriff Keller found me that was no normal reaction and this meant today would be so much harder than I expected.

"They discharged me Kev" I said simply with a shrug and stud behind the desk with Veronica hoping today would go smoothly, Kevin looked at me and rolled his eyes but rolled with it anyway which was just as good since The serpents came through the door and at the head of them was Jughead and at the side of him was the really cute serpent from the Drag race and my heart did flips, oh no what was happening.

I smiled to Toni and Veronica started talking.
"Friends, on behave of the student body welcome to riverdale High" She droned on and on and I'm not going to pretend that I payed attention to her I was too busy looking at the handsome guy that stud Infront of me like some biker god. God he was perfect, man what was wrong with me. Everything was going smoothly until Cheryl and her party of anti serpent activist and of course Reggie was following her with his bulldogs.

"Not so fast" Cheryl said as she walked down the stairs ever so dramatically. Oh my god.

"There's the welcome party I so Valiantly remember" Jughead joked which made me smile as I held back a laugh knowing that the laugh would kill my ribs if I even let out a giggle.

"Cheryl, no one invited fascist barbie" Veronica said looking so smug with herself.

"Wrong Veronica, no one invited southside scum to our school, listen up ragga muffins. I will not let riverdale above average GPA to suffer because classrooms that are over crowded with under achievers" Cheryl fired back with her group spread out behind her. Kevin pulled me behind him which I returned by tapping him and shaking my head, I wasn't fragile.

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face" Toni chimed in, walking closer to Cheryl and closing the gap, Archie tried to defuse the situation which clearly didn't work.

"Okay guys, why don't we just stop the hostility and go about our days? Let's face it Reggie, Cheryl their here and you have to get over it so do it sooner rather than later" I said pushing past Kevin and standing between them as a middle round, something I knew I was good at.

"Oh shut it McCall, we all know your a serpent slut" Reggie yelled causing me to turn around from Toni and face him, second fight of two days? New record for me.

"Excuse me?" I said as I walked closer to him, my voice laced in venom from the words he just spoke.

"You heard me" He said as he walked closer to me, I felt Kevin and Jughead come up behind me "serpent slut" he said before I turned to walk away knowing he wasn't worth it.

"That's it, walk away back to your Greendale home all alone because not even your parents want you!" Reggie yelled making me stop in my tracks, I froze. What did he just say? I balled my hand into a fist and turned around.

"You have five seconds to take that back before my knee makes contact with you face" I spat out, my family meant the world to me. I don't know how he found out about my situation but it made me mad that those words had left his mouth. I shook Kevin and Jughead off forgetting about my ribs and simply not caring as I walked towards him,

"1...2" I said as I got closer to him, I wasn't playing around. I would hit him for those words. Words to never be spoken.
"3...4" I said calmly as I got closer, I could hear Kevin yell at me to stop but I simply ignored it.
"5." I said when I got a 30 cm away from him and smirked alittle.

"No apology here McCall" he said with a smile thinking I'd leave him alone, oh but Reggie you were more than wrong.

I smirked at him.