Chapter 20 - Policing much?

I woke up after my shift at the club and felt sore, Malachai had me on stage again which I wasn't expecting at all but I think I made it work. My eyes were sore,red and puffy due to the all the crying I had done, this was a normal thing when I had been on the pole it made me feel weak and vulnerable.

I sighed and got up to shower, I knew I had to meet Veronica today with my notes for biology and then go to school tomorrow and help her welcome the southside kids which her boyfriend Archie had gotten into a fight with days ago apparently, this didn't surprise me one bit. He did spray their land and then hold a gun to someone's head like an idiot, did he have a single brain cell?

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror and quickly smashed it, that wasn't the look of a brave girl that was doing this for her family at all. It was the face of a weak girl that was broken and needed to get a grip. I had to be strong, my family won't want a weak little girl that cries over being on a pole and dancing for men. Come on LJ.

I watched the blood pour from my knuckles and sighed. I'd have to replace that mirror but now it truly reflected me, broken. I got into the shower and did my business and quickly got out so I could get ready for Veronica's, I walked out of the bathroom after turning the shower off. I watched as my phone lit up and went over to look at it.

Kev: soo, schools cancelled tomorrow for some meeting and Archie and Jughead are having a drag race for the serpents vs the ghoulies which is another gang that sell drugs and myEx will be there and I need someone to make me look good and be my Moral support. You know you love meee

Veronica: still on yeah?

I smiled at Kevin's message. He wanted revenge? Seems okay to me so I went about replying to him first.

LJ to Kev: stop writing that question, no need to ask. I'll be there; revenge might aswell be my middle name

LJ to Veronica: Yeah. I'll be there in an hour?

Kev to LJ: everyone else will be there but I need someone to stay with. Love ya

Veronica: Great!

I put my phone down and started getting ready, I put my hair into a fish tail braid, found some leggings a flannel and a tank top with some trainers. I put my biology notes in my bag, grabbed my phone, keys and helmet and set off to Veronica's house. The drag race would be great for me to see the southside kids if they go before their official enrolment on Tuesday, this could be a good thing. Definitely.

I pulled up outside the Pembroke and used the button to call Veronica's room since the door man was very sceptical of me  her mother, hermonie answered and I told her I was here to help Veronica with the biology test and she sent me up with a smile from the doorman, he's doing his job I guess. I got upstairs and knocked on the door. Veronica opened the door With her normal bubbly attitude.

"Hey McKenzie, come on in" she said with a smile as she walked away and to a large table, I closed the door behind me and smiled at her mother and father. I pushed my bag up my shoulder more and looked around.

"This is a lovely home, Mr and Mrs Lodge" I said to be polite and to tell the truth it was, the living room was stunning something that came out of an Advert I could swear.

"Thank you sweetie, now I'd love to get to know you more but Veronica is really worried about this test" her mother said with a short smile which I answered with a nod and followed Veronica to her room, I placed my bag down and got my notes out.

"Here, everything from cells to blowing up a building using organisms" I said simply when I placed it on her bed and she looked at me in shock, oh god.

" really?" She asked and I could tell the discomfort in her voice so I just shrugged, I sat in her chair as she looked through the notes and tried to understand them.

"Wow, McKenzie. These notes are great much like that necklace" she said as she looked at the necklace that laid still on my neck, I put it in the palm of my hand and just smiled at her.
"Where'd you get it from?" She asked curiously. I sighed and looked up.

" my father left it in a box for me on my fifth birthday, I've never taken it off since" I said with a smile, it was true unless I was sleeping or showering it never came off. I made a promise to myself.

"Wow, you guys must be close" she said with a smile which only sent my mood tumbling down.

"We could have been but he's not around anymore" I said simply, which was true I didn't know who he was or if he was alive so.

"Wait what? Who do you live with?" She asked out of shock, god why so many questions.

"I'm adopted, we live in a small apartment in Greendale. I don't remember my father or mother and I don't want to talk about it" I said forcefully, that was as much knowledge about my personal life I was willing to give, the rest was my life now mainly since I didn't remember my childhood I spent most of the days I remember in and out of hospitals.

The rest of the day was spent with Veronica asking me questions about myself or biology and me answering them selectively. My life was something I liked to keep personal and out of sight of others but I felt like I was in a police investigation.  I decided round nine pm to go home, I left my notes with Veronica and made me way out after saying goodbye to her parents I made my way home and texted Kev about how Veronica had just asked me the most random bunch of questions.