Chapter 91 - Questionable

I watched as the two sides went towards each other and suddenly the guards ran at them, what the hell was going on? I looked towards the wordern to see the guards run at our poor little jailbirds, did they plan this whole thing? To punish them or was it for some kinda of amusement of there's? Or were they just as stupid as they looked?

Veronica's face turned from pure joy and horror which seemed to mix into this look that it was safe to say I wouldn't want to meet in a dark ally way. "Veronica?" I asked as I walked closer to her and grabbed her hands, I couldn't watch the scene unfold and I knew there was little we could do from the other side of these bars which made me feel horrible to say. "He'll be okay" I knew I was trying to convince everyone around me not just Veronica since, they all seemed to have this fear intertwined into their features.

Veronica smiled to me and walked over to her father and I could only imagine the words being said to him right now, I knew if it was FP I would be furious but it wasn't and it wasn't like I had anyone that meant that much to me anymore. I watched as Jose walked towards Cheryl and they planned going home and I rolled my eyes. It didn't surprise me that they were planning on leaving and not even checking on Veronica.

I watched Veronica get into the car and walked towards my bike, it was something I had on control over yet I found myself very interested in what was happening there and why they suddenly turned on the boys in the prison although it was a planned game which meant they knew it was happening, did they plan this from the start or were they doing what they were told in the moment.

Peace was something everyone strives for, this was my one single thought on my bike ride home. Why disrupt the making of peace unless something had you scared of change? Was a fear of change or a general distaste? Archie had suffered enough to be put down for a murder we knew he had no control over. To be slammed in a prison after attempting to do the right thing made this situation more questionable. However, I wished Archie was the only thing on my mind that was causing me my own sense of distaste, but a certain tall boy with eyes of a God had me confused and feeling emotions that I had pushed down in my younger years.

Once you've been stripped away of your life and your own sense of being. Little makes you feel emotions, you learn to hide them in the tiny corners of diaper that exist within yourself. That corner was where sweet peas memory would reside. I didn't wish to fix this with him. I may have been a pole dancer and a stripper and lost some much of my dignity and pride while I was on that pole but I couldn't allow it to be torn away anymore. They say you're mother takes nine months to create you and within that she creates your heart, so why let someone break it within seconds? However, it wasn't that simple. Sweet pea wasn't the only source of my heartbreak and heartache. How is one suppose to react at the events that I had already lived through? Your own mother gives up on your existence and believes you dead. You're little sister couldn't even know you're name for all you know and then you have the only thing you have left. An identity stolen from you numerous times, sweetpea was questionable.

I hoped for Veronicas sake that Archie was okay, I knew it wasn't just for her sake that I hoped that. It was for myself. A selfish act, to wish for ones safety for you're own peace of mind. To wish they don't go through anything for not knowing how you'd handle the situation placed in front of you. I found myself outside my old apartment building, I never even realised that I hadn't gone to Riverdale and seemed asylum somewhere. I had come to the only place I remembered to be homely.

A place that sheltered me from the storm of the Ghoulies, the storm of penny Peabody but even the storm of Lorna Marie Jones herself. I knew she was a strong girl, but how strong? She could bring grown men to their knees in a club and beg for more. Something she never engaged in. The young girl that sat in the corner rocking back and forth at the first time a man had attempted to touch her, she wasn't the girl that had grown up to stand in front of this building. Was she stripped away of what she deserved? Or did she simply not deserve it? The answer would be unknown to me, for now maybe.