Chapter 34 - home away from home

"No it never did or ever will" I said.

I smiled up at the man that was my father, the fact that he was here and it was all so real made this moment very important to me, we flicked through the photo album with Jughead as I explained what was happening in each photo, one was me laying in a hospital bed when they took me in Because I blacked out and didn't wake up for two weeks, that was scary when I woke up and I was so confused.

I held the album close to my body as everyone was walking out of the club, Fred took my stuff awhile ago and I was so thankful for him to do that. I turned around and looked at the place that was my second home and I smiled, A lot of good memories here but I was excited to leave behind the bar memories.

"You okay?" My dad asked me and I turned with a smile and nodded.

"Yeah I'll be okay" I said as I walked towards my bike which was next to Jughead's, he was kissing Betty goodbye with Sweetpea and Toni behind them.

"Hey Lo!, message me later?" Toni yelled over the couple wrapped up in the their own love.

"Definitely!" I said back with a giggle. I looked at Betty and Jughead as they parted way and climbed into my bike and handed Betty my album to hold close to her.

"I'll see you later Melon!" Jughead yelled as the serpents and him rode away towards the southside, melon? Why was that a nickname, Betty climbed on behind me and I started up my bike. I of course gave Betty my helmet since I didn't wanna die by her parents which she tells me are very strict so this should be interesting. Like I said trouble finds me.

I rode off towards the Northside with Betty giving me directions every so often, I pulled up outside her house and looked at Betty who got up and went towards the door, I got off my bike and followed in behind her. This house was beautiful very clean but beautiful.

"Hello, you must be our guest Lorna" a women that looked like an older version of Betty stood in front of me and said with a slightly larger man with darker hair and broad shoulders.

"Yeah, thank you so much Mrs Cooper and Mr Cooper for letting me stay here" I said with a smile to try and seem polite, it was something I working on. Your nice to me, I'll be nice back otherwise you get my bitter side who bites back.

"No problem honey, your stuff is upstairs in Polly's room, Fred put your clothes in bags since we couldn't get the dresser in, we said he could have it. I hope that's okay?" She said with a smile and I didn't really mind, the dresser was a thing I needed at the time it's not really important to me.

"That's perfectly fine" I said not really caring about the dresser but more happy that I wouldn't be on the streets or something

"Your books have been brought in also. There's a bookshelf in Your room please feel free to use it and you can use polly's clothes if needed" She said with another smile, wow they are very smiley and it's rather annoying if I'm honest. How could one person be this smiley?

"My name is Alice and this is my Husband Hale" she pointed to the man who also gave a nice and polite smile which again was getting really annoying.

I felt Betty grab my arm and pull my up the stairs and into the room that I would be sleeping in, wow a lot of pink? That's an interesting colour.

"Let me help you get settled?" She asked as she walked in, I understood the need to help me. She dated my brother and maybe she wanted to get to know me more? I nodded as a response and opened the dresser.

I looked towards Betty when I saw all the bright coloured clothing with a look of you've got to bed kidding me, seriously?

"Yeah,there's empty boxes under the bed. Put them in there. We can put your clothes in these draws" she says with a giggle, I felt bad for her if they made her dress like that too. She'd look killer in a leather jacket.

"Wow, it's a lot of colour" I said as I pulled underwear and clothes out of draws and folded them before putting them into the boxes under the bed.

"Yeah, they have this thing about the ideal family and how they want it to be, polly went against that" she said honestly and I completely understood what it felt like to go out and do something alone that people may not approve of.

I reached into my bags and pulled out my clothes which had a lot of black,grey,white and the odd colour. I laughed at Betty's face, her parents might have a hard time accepting all of this.

I placed my tops/shirts/vests into a draw since I have a lot, then since I had a lot of underwear which kinda came with the job I had, I needed more room for that but I knew there was a wardrobe for my one jacket and a million jeans/leggings or skirts maybe even the odd dress. I opened the wardrobe and placed things into boxes before putting my leather jacket in there, my cardigans,skits and bottoms.

In the spare draw I had, I put hoodies since I had a few of them that wouldn't fit in the wardrobe, I have a lot of clothes and I don't know why. Mostly it's from Adeline and her mass clear outs. I placed my books on my new book shelf and put my guitar on its stand in the corner before flopping on my bed.

I heard Betty laugh, I liked her a lot. She was great.

"Your a good friend Betty" I said to her with a genuine Smile.

"Thank you, I have to go to bed but I'll see you tomorrow and we need to see FP about getting you back into school" she said as she walked out of the room and I smiled. School I was excited to go back as Lorna Jones and not McKenzie McCall, to be me instead of a fake version.

I flipped my phone over and saw a landslide of messages.

Veronica: Welcome to Riverdale!, hope you'll be back at school soon?

Archie!: hope you get sorted and we can hang as a group soon

Kevin!: your telling me everything girl!

Addy: were sad to see you go little sis. We love you so much and we will be here for you if you ever need us and we will keep you posted on anything promise. Go live your amazing life babes! x

Unknown: Hey loo!

Unknown: Guess a sister should have her brothers number right?

I could assume who the last two were since I wasn't as stupid as I looked, I smiled at my phone and added Toni and Jughead to my contacts for future reference.

LJ TO VERONICA!: Yeah I should be back soon, I'm glad to be going back as Lorna Jones and not some imposter.

LJ TO ARCHIE!: Yeah I'm all settled, thank your dad for me?

LJ TO KEVIN: I'm sorry Kev, peas forgive me     :(

LJ TO TONI: Hey Pinkey

LJ TO JUGHEAD!: Yeah I guess I should, any idea when our lovely dad is gonna let me go back to school, I'm dying to go back.

Life was looking good, or at least for now it was.