Chapter 63 - Court Case

I stood in my room and brought my fingers up to lips where Sweetpeas had just been and I smiled, I knew i was smiling ear to ear. He had kissed me, it was gentle and passionate not one of lust or sexual frustration like most people would have done if they saw me like this. Did that mean he shared my feelings?

He had just taken my first kiss.

My first kiss was everything I hoped it would be, gentle and sweet. To the point and something that was going to take care of me not one where they just want me and what I can do like the looks I use to get from men when I worked. Sweetpea was gentle who knew.

I quickly grabbed an over sized shirt and my shorts, I grabbed my book and sat in the corner of the sofa with a blanket and began to read my book with my phone on the arm of the sofa, I snuggled into the sofa for warmth since I often had hot and cold flashes which was odd but oh well, I smiled as I got warm and tired, I yawned and soon felt my eyes getting weaker and weaker. I closed my eyes for a second and before it knew it that second turned to minutes which turned to hours before Sweetpea got home with my dad and smiled as he saw me cuddled up in the sofa with a blanket laid over me.

"God she's beautiful" Sweetpea mumbled as he walked towards me, I slowly started to stir at the sound of people after what happened with chic it was hard for me to sleep with people around, he gently shook me causing me to moan in discomfort and disapproval "your dads here, he wants to talk to you doll" he said gently as he shook me some more, I opened my eyes slowly letting them flutter open to see the most beautiful face in front of me as I woke, something I hoped I'd see more of.

"Hey" I said in an ugly 'morning voice', I slowly got myself up and saw my dad at the other end of the room with a smile on his face as he walked over to me.

"Hey pumpkin, sorry to wake you" he said with a smile as he sat down next to me, I wondered what he could have wanted to talk to me about. They had just had a serpent meeting so I wasn't sure why I came into this. "It's about the court case" he started which got my attention and my head snapped in his direction as he began to talk, I felt my heart take a million beats in fear and wait. "They had it today, you weren't told in case you got scared or it took up too much of your mind since your in school and you've missed a lot, they heard his side of course and they played the video and heard the statement you made and everyone else had made" he said gently putting his hand on top of my hand and I felt tears come down my face, he was let free wasn't he. Oh god he's out there. "Pumpkin, I'm so sorry. They let him off" he said as he looked at me with sadness written all over his face, I couldn't bring myself to use words.

I felt the tears come to my eyes and I couldn't let them go not with people here, crying would make me look weak and I wasn't weak I couldn't be weak. "O-Oh" I said simply as I got up and started walking around, what was I going to do if I saw him.

"I'm sorry pumpkin, Jughead is gonna come over here when I get back to make sure your okay. We won't let anything happen to you, I promise. We know you didn't lie and that it happened, we love you and I just want you to get better okay?" He said as he got up and looked at Sweetpea, he looked back at me and I looked at the wall and I heard the door shut.

"You okay doll?" Sweetpea said as he came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. I couldn't believe this, how was he let off. I whipped my tears on my arm and looked at him with the most convincing smile I could create.

"Yeah of course I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" I questioned as I moved towards the sofa and sat down once again looking at my hands, he was out there and I'd have to see him again, I'd have to face the man that tried to rape me while he showed anyone that wanted to watch it. Jughead came through the door with Toni,Kevin,Betty and Cheryl. He took one look at me and rushed over with Toni who instantly took me into a hug.

"I can't believe that son of a bitch was let off, are you okay Melon?" Jughead asked as he looked at me with Pity, the emotion I hated being shown.

"Dad said they were so convinced he was Guilty and they were disgusted by him but the next day something had changed and they let him off" Kevin said as he pulled out some Dr Pepper which he had learnt was my favourite drink but only the European version.

"God that son of a bitch wont touch you if he knows what's good for him, or I'll kill him I don't care" Toni said as she hugged me tighter and I looked towards Betty who looked at me with guilt all over her face. No Betty it's not your fault don't even start or I swear.

"Lorna?, my mother bribed the Jury to say he's innocent and I'm so so sorry, I tried to get her to stop. You don't deserve to have to see his face anywhere you go, you deserve to be safe and protected" Betty said with honest and she looked at the floor the whole time, this poor girl had to live with that monster of a women. I let go of Toni and walked over to her.

"Betty, you tried and I am so thankful for that. Your not your mother and you did a Greta job protecting me thank you" I said to her with a smile as I grabbed her hand and squeezed a little to be friendly, she had done nothing wrong.

Alice was just crazy.