Chapter 14 - South side

I pulled myself off my bed due to my alarm, I groaned and rubbed my eyes before pulling my quilt off and getting up and seeing my phone light up. Really? Who the hell is up at this time to send out a text and of course there's only one girl hell bent on Chaos I could think of. Cheryl Blossom.

Cheryl: Listen Riverdale High students, it's been decided that starting next week! The south siders will be joining Riverdale High, lets make theme feel 'welcome' 😈

Oh god really Cheryl?, I know your bent on chaos but this a whole new level that I'm
not getting involved on. I went to my bathroom and did my normal bathroom things before shutting the water off and wrapping a towel around me, I went to my mirror and saw the lines on face where I had been crying. Jesus when did I get so weak?

I dropped my towel and decided today was going to be a good day because I had decided and I need something good in my life now more than ever. I grabbed my bra and underwear slid them over my body giving me chills and reminding me of the dance last night; I decided I felt girly today so I went with it, I grabbed my skirt that came down just before my knee and a long sleeve pink top and my leather jacket. I put my hair in a fishtail braid and put my beanie on.

I grabbed my black ankle boots and looked at myself and shrugged, girly wasn't really my thing but when I felt it; I embraced it fully. I grabbed my necklace and smiled while putting it around my neck. This necklace meant a lot to me, the only thing I had that meant I had a family somewhere and I planned on keeping it till I died. I grabbed my bag, keys and helmet and walked downstairs after locking my apartment door; remember LJ good day.

I hopped on my bike which was not as easy as it seems in a skirt but it wasn't too bad, I started the engine and made my way into Rivderdale and past all the green trees and long grass that reminded me of summer and nature and the river was one of my favourite places to think. I watched as the sign that said 'welcome to riverdale the town with pep' pasted me as I went down the road and into riverdale, I made my way towards the school and parked in the car park before climbing off and walking into school with an eye roll at being her another day; at least it's only one day left and that was it before I had the weekend off of school and teenage worry.

I watched as everyone watched me as I walked down the halls which made me feel really uncomfortable but I shrugged it off and went to my locker and put everything away before heading towards my lesson. I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out of my pocket and saw the name and my heart stopped for a moment.

The 'boss man': Well done last night, you brought us a lot of business. Me and Penny are proud, so much so that we are going to forget about the stunt you pulled the other day.

I rolled my eyes, of course it's a meaningless message to remind me that they have full control over me and what I know and don't. I looked up to see Veronica talking to Archie and Betty. She was talking about the southside kids that were starting on Monday, I think she wanted to welcome them; which was nice. I nodded to her and she simply smiled back.

"Your in right McKenzie?, you'll welcome the southside with me?" Veronica said almost as a plead for help and I walked further into the room and smiled.

"Of course I will" I said while her face relaxed more at my acceptance of the new students, she looked down at everyone who seemed completely against the idea.
"I'll show them around Veronica, you deal with class schedules and stuff?" I suggested while resting against the door frame and she smiled and nodded. I turned on my heel and walked away. I walked towards my first lesson and saw no one in there and i went in and sat down and picked up my book and started to read it.

It was getting to a good bit where she was about the get the answer she was craving and searching for, something which reminded me desperately of me before I heard The door get opened and I looked up to see the rest of my class who were talking about the southsiders and their arrival; why was everyone so sceptical of them coming here like seriously, it's a bunch of teenagers get a grip.

Kevin walked in and came and sat next to me, I was hoping he wouldn't make this a recurring act. Although I did love talking to someone I hated the idea he could get close and find out more than he needed to, especially since Malachai was still in the picture and I hadn't been able to break away from him in a very long time.

"Hey Kevin?, whys everyone so bothered about the southside kids? Their just teenagers" I said curiously, to which I was met with a look of shock and confusion. Did I ask something that was offensive?

"Wow McKenzie, you mean you don't know?. The southside has a gang called the southside Serpents, they deal drugs and ride bikes. Complete bad news." He said simply as if he had known about this all a long, something I had never heard about or even had told to me.

Southside Serpents?

Why did that name seem so familiar to me? Had someone said something about them as I passed them in the hall? Did someone say something about them at the club?

"I gotta say though girl, this look your pulling is amazing" Kevin said which made me smile, like I said I wasn't girly often but then again no one had noticed me before so that wasn't exactly a huge issue of mine.

South side serpents, this name travelled around my head the whole lesson. Who were they and why did everyone give them such a bad name?