Chapter 11 - No need

After my outburst at Archie's, everyone was different around since it was clear that I wasn't gonna be pushed around and listen to everyone's shite. Im still very confused what happened at the party, I don't know why I got up to help Jughead but I did. It felt right.

The next day I went into school, Archie and Betty were waiting by my Locker. I was confused why until they started thanking me for sticking up for Jughead and Betty I just shrugged them off and smiled, it wasn't a big deal to me. I liked the fact that I could help someone like I did with the new girl, who I found out was called 'Georgia' she was actually super nice and a pleasure to be around.

Which reminded me, they had low staffing so Malachi had to ask for me back since he had no choice, that made me laugh but he told me I was on the bar and stage which meant I need space to practice, something I didn't know how to feel about, it was gonna be hard to practice in school but I'd make it work so I said yeah, I mean I need the money so they can't complain.

I looked at my timetable and saw I had frees so I went and checked out the hall, usually the vixens training area but they didn't have training so Cheryl can do one. I grabbed my speaker and phone and looked for a song. I found 'Vegas lights' by panic at the disco and found myself in love. I just needed a routine now. This was the hard part.

I started with some floor work, I figured that would give it more drive later on.

I started by bending down and slowly bring my hand up my leg before raising it over my head and grabbing what would be the pole and going into a front hook to back hook and would land on my knees in pray position, I would slowly bring myself up and have my body pressed against the pole before looking at the crowd and dipping my head and hair back and bring myself up off the floor and going into a reverse grab and spin around the pole again which I would then land with my legs around the pole and slide myself up the pole making sure to pop my hips/ass out to the crowd. Something I knew I would find degrading but I didn't have much of a choice. Then go into an air walk, I would grab high on the pole and use my arms to keep me up while my legs are in the air and I walk around the pole, before going into a floor compass and then into a inside leghang by flipping myself upside down.

I had gotten half way through my routine when the bell went and I knew this meant I had a class so I stopped my music grabbed my stuff and ran to my lesson so I wasn't late, I had math. Something that I struggle with dramatically, I wasn't failing but I didn't understand it that much, I sat down and choose to ignore all the whispering about what happened at Archie's party, a small smirk came across my face. This was a new found love that I had, people not thinking I was a weak little girl that couldn't defend herself or anyone else. The teacher came in and looked around since half the class wasn't even here yet which caused an eyeroll from me and I started to draw some more, finish the tattoo that I remembered but didn't at the same time. Everyone suddenly came through the door and I smiled when I saw Kevin walk through and sit next to me. Oh god, he's not gon-

"Hey McKenzie" Kevin said before I could even finish my thought, yeah he did. He wants to talk to me, I decided to be a good person and talk to him. Couldn't kill could it?

"Hiya Kevin?" I said as more of a question, I didn't have friends. It wasn't on my list of things to accomplish while I was here but I guess talking to one person couldn't kill me.

"What you did at Archie's party, that was pretty badass." He pointed out and I simply smiled at him and shrugged.

"Someone needed to do something and Jughead didn't look like he had much of a chance so" I said honestly and trying to sound like I was just being nice. Probably came across cocky but I didn't care, they needed help and I helped end of story.

"Yeah, well where ever you learnt to do that, god it was amazing. I've never seen chuck go down so fast" he said making me laugh, wow he was really funny and super gay, which was amazing but I still laughed anyway.

"Yeah well, all in a days work" I said while laughing and then going to look at what the teacher was on about and writing notes on it, I hide the drawing under my book so people wouldn't think I was weird. I spent the rest of the lesson laughing with Kevin and copying off the board and doing the assignment set by the teacher and getting at least 40% because like I said maths is not my strong suit. I looked at the clock and almost freaked when I remembered I had to get to work and practice before I actually did the routine in front of people, I quickly cleared my stuff up and ran out of the classroom as soon as the teacher dismissed us.

Not even noticing that I had left my drawing behind for anyone to pick up and possibly get the wrong idea.