Chapter 74 - Breaking

The serpents cheered as I stood with Jughead taking my role as his right hand women not that I knew what that meant, i was more afraid to turn him down than to actually do the job and whatever it intended. We walked off and I smiled at my jacket and my father who came up to us.

"My twins on top of the serpents, god its amazing" he said as he put his hand on our shoulders. "You've got this right hand down Pumpkin, you'll help make decisions that affect us and I know you'll do without hesitation and with the right amount of force" he said as he looked at me making me smile at the fact my father believed I could do this. "Jughead you've got a lot to do as King but I know your gonna do great plus I don't think your right hand will let you fall out of line" he laughed as he walked to the older serpents and I looked towards Fangs and Toni who were with the tall serpent boy who was more absorbed into his phone than anything else.

I walked towards them being nice to Fangs since he'd only just got out and I knew he'd struggle since he's only a little boy after all.

"Hey Princess or do I call you hand of the king now?" Fangs said as I joke and I shoot him a glare to answer his question, I hated the fact that he called me Princess now he had more names? Guess I have to admire his creativity.

"You could just call me, Hm? I don't know my name maybe?" I said while tapping my chin trying to figure out a name he could call me before coming up with my name.

"You want me to call you Lorna Marie Jones?" Fangs said with a laugh as he said my full name causing another glare to be shot his way.

"Will you two stop flirting already?! It's gross" Sweetpea said storming off and leaving us three stood staring at thin air blinking at the thin air, what the hell was his problem?

"I don't get that man, he doesn't want to be with me but any guy makes a joke to me. Makes me laugh,smile or we have a laugh he's being an ass!" I said in frustration, Cheryl and Toni looked at me with sympathy while Fangs hugged me. I knew he understood better than anyone else right now since Midge was someone he had genuinely taken an Interest in and she was taken from him and now my interest was a gaint ass! Although I'd love for him to be my Ass and be mine but it was something he clearly didn't want so why was Their a kick off right now!

I decided to ignore all this irritation and go to the trailer and just sleep everything off, I wants to stay with my friends but Fangs wanted to sleep too since walking on crutches was harder for him than he had first thought it would be, when I got in I saw Sweetpea on the sofa laid with a girl who I decided to ignore as much as I could and went straight to my room, I stripped my clothes off and looked into the mirror and saw all my scars scars were fading or at least the old ones, the ones of my stomach from Malachai were still pretty brutal, they represented my struggle to get here and my life.

They weren't beautiful but they were apart of who I was and I had to accept them whether I liked it or not. I grabbed a button up sleep shirt and a pair of shorts before climbing back into my bed which no one had any idea how happy I was to have my bed back, a few trailers were left standing after that night of horror and ours was one of them, I pulled the blanket over me and was ready to sleep when I heard something that well and truly broke my heart.

A moan.

From the girl that Sweetpea has brought with him and he was now doing god knows what too even though he knew I was laid right here, I didn't expect him to not be with the girl he liked but I didn't think he'd do it on a sofa I sit on and in my presence when he knows and I made it very clear my feelings for him but to do it right in front of me or even in the space I could hear was heart breaking.

I heard it over and over again before I snapped.

I grabbed my phone and a bag which I filled with some clothes and moved out of my room and into the main area where I saw them on the sofa and I moved towards the door, I threw my serpent jacket on and I went out the door and then called a person I knew would be awake.

"Hey-y it's late what's wrong?" His voice said down the phone and I felt myself finally let go and let a tear go down my face which I had tried to keep in.

"Can I stay at yours?" I asked down the phone ignoring the question and asking my own instead, I couldn't be there while that was happening.

"Of course Lorna, it's unlocked. Be careful and seriously get here and your talking to me" He said to me before I hung up the phone and made my way toward his home. I would have called Jughead but him and dad were already full on just them two so I didn't want to make it worse.

I got to the house and opened the door to see him sat on the sofa looking at the door with so much concern for me when I looked at him and closed the door I knew it was okay.

I broke and cried.