Chapter 51 - damage control

I quickly grabbed Toni and ran outside, while a half naked Sweetpea still sat behind me smirked his head off, ugh jerk.

"Toni, it's not what you think" I said to her calmly as she jumps around and squeals, she's gonna wake up the whole god damn trailer park. "Seriously! It's not what you think, we were just talking and it got intense that's all!" I said to her trying to keep her cool which apparently she's bad at.

"So you guys weren't about to kiss or have a steamy make out before I walked through the door?" She asked and crossed her arms, oh god how do I get out of this one, I don't know what was going to happen.

"What of course not! He's one of Jughead's best friends here, I couldn't do that to him!" I said back but I was pretty sure I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince her.

"Don't lie to Lorna! I know you like him! You told me remember?" She said with an honest smile on her face, one that spoke I'm going to cause chaos for you kinda of honest smile.

"Okay,yes I like him! But I can't and I won't do that right now, I've just had a huge fight with my dad and my family mean everything to me and I've only just got them back so dating isn't on my list right now" I said to her honestly hoping she'd drop this like she did in the gym yesterday, unfortunately. Today was clearly not the same as yesterday as her dropping it seemed to be as likely as me getting hit my a meteor-shower right now.

"Lorna! You have too! You guys have so much chemistry and the sexual tension is there is killing me, god I could feel it!" She yelled at me, god she was getting defensive about this but why would she do that?

"I will but not now okay? I just need time to get a normal life together and I'll be all over it I promise" I said to her, I knew I wanted to be with him and it was getting harder and harder to ignore but right now wasn't a good time not that ever in my life was a good time.

"Good!, now come on!" She said dragging me away from Sweetpeas trailer and towards her own which made me extremely confused but I went with it.

"Why am I here?" I asked as I watched her pick her clothes out for the day, god it was school why did people care so much about what people look like.

"Welll, I wanna have a go on your bike sooo I'm stealing you so you'll drive me to school" She said with a laugh which made me shake my head, what a weirdo this girl was. She had a really weird way of doing things.

"So I heard you and Cheryl are hitting it off?"
I said with a small giggle, I knew Toni was Bi and it didn't bother me one bit, I was happy that she could be herself in this world and not be afraid of what anyone thought.

"She's cute yano, in a mean girl kinda way" she said with a laugh and I knew what that meant, she was going to try and tame the beast that is Cheryl blossom, well I say Goodluck to that Toni. She's a handful.

"Well goodluck with that, she's like a tiger in a cage, waiting to bite the fingers off anyone who dares to pet her" I said mostly out of sarcasm but some being true and honest.

"And your much better? Your like a snake LJ, an extremely venomous snake" she said and I felt a bit taken back, was she Saying I was poisonous to the people around me or that I'd be there down fall? "No no girl don't take it that way, I meant that your defensive. You'll bite anything that steps on you and you won't let it slide, nothing bad but that your a tough cookie to crack" she said while looking at me growing paler and paler, she was scared of my reaction to what she said but if I was honest I had been called worse, a lot worse.

"Yano, I wanted to kiss him so bad. I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't have walked in so thanks I guess" I said changing the subject from the fact she had just called me a snake that could kill but in honest I found a compliment in it, I could defend myself. "Fancy skipping school? I can't be bothered on my lack of sleep" I said to her hoping she'd say yes and I saw her eyes light up like a kid at Christmas.

"Let's go to sweet water and chill, we can pick the guys up after school" she said with a laugh and I simply nodded before looking at my phone and smiling to notice it was already 9:00am so we were late to school anyway.

Jughead: I got a call from a man about the statue head, he found it in his Junk Yard and some tall man with a beard brought it in, wearing a serpent jacket, I wonder who that was? I'm gonna check it out, I'll see you at the Wyrm after school?

I smiled and Toni looked at my phone and saw it and started smiling.

"Looks like your staying honey, plus your man just messaged you" she said to me with a wink, my man? What the hell was she talking about?

SWEETPEA: Hey, it's a shame Toni stole you. I'll have to claim that kiss another time

I looked at my phone with my mouth handing wide open and it probably hit the floor, he wanted to kiss me? Did this mean he liked me like I liked him? So there was a shot if I wanted it to be with him.

Woah.