Chapter 18 - Popular much

I woke up at ten am and smiled at my sleep in, I knew that I was most definitely working tonight which gave me a wave of sadness but I knew i wouldn't be on stage again so atleast id keep some dignity and not loose all of it at once. I pulled my phone over and saw the text messages flooding my phone. Oh dear lord.

Addy: LJ!, work tonight 6pm. I'll see you then; your on bar Babygirl x

Kev: Archie told me that Jughead's a serpent? Wow, it was a rumour guess that came true. He's coming back on Monday, poor Betty.

Kev: Wanna hang tomorrow?

Kev: I heard from Archie that you stud up for the southsiders? Interesting darling, that southsider change your mind?

Kev: Blackhood is getting to everyone including Archie, that speech you gave was powerful Girlfriend, proud

Damn?, does this boy not know how to send one message and feels the need to send one million at once? Has he never heard of this thing called a paragraph. I decided to message Adeline back first about tonight.

Me: Hey Addy, yeah I'll be there. You've got no hope of me not being honeypie. Bar yeah? x

She replied almost instantly which was a first for Adeline. She normally left it a few minutes, this made me believe something was seriously up.

Addy: Boss man said we're opening early tonight, he wants you here by 4pm. I'm not sure what's happening but he doesn't seem too happy about it, be careful around him Sweetie x

Of course Malachai wanted to open early why wouldn't he? The day where I was in a good mood and he had to send me to work in 6 hours. I rolled my eyes and went to answer Kevin.

Me: Hey Kev, so there's this thing called a Paragraph. Please try it honey; I don't need five messages that you could have fit in one. I can't hang out today I have work at four, such a drag. Yeah I stud up for them; Archie was being an Arse so I did what I think was right and that 'cute' guy didn't get to my mind I just followed my morals.

I placed my phone down and got out of my bed, I knew that I'd turn up early to work to clean up and set up. Since I was working the bar, I needed my hair out of my way and everything else out of my way.

I brushed my hair and decided on Dutch braids, I quickly placed my hair into Dutch braids and pulled my side burns out and went to grab my uniform, usually id just drive with it on but today was definitely not a day that I was feeling it, I pulled in some leggings and an oversized off the shoulder jumper and my leather jacket.

It was good enough to drive in, I stuffed my uniform into my bag and checked for anything I might need, I looked towards my phone.

Kev: you work where?, I know what a paragraph is. Veronica ask for your number, I gave her it. Hope it's not a big deal. Work hard!

Unknown number: Hey McKenzie!, it's Veronica Lodge. I have this test for Biology and since your in my biology and are super smart and a great friend I thought you could help me? I could come study at your house or even just get your notes?

I quickly added Veronica's number to my phone and started on my text back to her.

Me: Hey Veronica, yeah you can have my notes; I have work though so studying will have to take a rain check, I'll get you my notes as soon as I can

Veronica: can't I come over after work?

God, pushy much?. No means no sweetie, I don't know if it means something else in New York but here it means Not happening.

Me: I'm working all night and into tomorrow morning sorry.

Veronica: Drop them off tomorrow?. I know it's a lot but I could really use those notes Kenzie.

Me: yeah I'll drop em by tomorrow.

Pushy wasn't even a word to describe that conversation but oh well I didn't think too much into it. She could just be worried for the test. I grabbed my helmet and walked out the door, I locked my door and made my way downstairs. A whole day at work? Ohhh the fun.

I hopped onto my bike and put on my Helmet, hat hair was something I struggled with a lot but never really cared for. I started the engine and made my way towards Riverdale. I was hoping that work would go by quicker than normal but since I was working into the early hours of Sunday? You had no chance.

I had flashbacks of last night when I went with Archie to Sunnyside, it was something I hadn't expected it to be. The serpents sure looked scary but how bad could they be, they surely couldn't be that bad at our age? What would they do? Not hand in there homework? Ohhh scary.

I watched as the road moved slowly due to traffic and thought about what Archie said Last night about Betty and Jughead, did she really not want to see him because he went to southside High? A bit much if you asked me but I guess it wasn't my place to say. I stud up for a grow of people I've never met well aside from Jughead but if was flipped and it was Archie I'd do the same but it wasn't so.

The traffic moved as the light went green and I made my way past the riverdale sign and images of the boy from yesterday popped into my head, he was wearing all black and I have to say he rocked it and pulled it off in a way I didn't even know was possible. His black hair was dying to be ruined and run through, his voice which seemed so aggressive sounded like music to my ears. What was it about this boy that drew me in?

I drove through riverdale and into the parking space for work and looked at the building and sighed, this was my place for the next couple hours. Finger crossed.