Imagine : Walkman | Black Widow ✔️

( Y/fs : your favourite song )
( Y/fc : your favourite colour )

Oh how you loved your Walkman. You truly adored it.  It was a nice y/fc and y/fc that was very vintage. The condition of it was great and even contained multiple mixes, which you all enjoyed. You had mixes that went through music like the 90s to modern music today. The Walkman was given to you by the genius billionaire playboy philanthropist, Tony Stark, who got it for you for your birthday. It was an exceptional gift that was very well thought out. You never knew Tony payed that much attention to you, yet alone like you. The gift, was a real score and you were truly appreciative. Tony was a good man.  The Walkman was your life. You wouldn't know what to do without it.

...

Today in the base was full. The whole team were here to train, relax and hangout. It was currently 7:30 when the real party started. You had a variety of card games you could gamble from like Speed, Uno, Slapjack, etc. What no one knew of your special little secret was that you were lucky. Too lucky. It was like your power... You know the game speed? You could and would dominate. Slapjack? You guessed right, you had super amazingly fast reflexes and also predicted when things would happen.

Right now you were at one of the tables playing Poker with Sam, Tony, Clint, and Rhodey. The bet right now was currently $900 dollars. Tony didn't need it but who couldn't give into it? Your trusty Walkman was at your side currently playing y/fs. You knew you were going to win and about 3 minutes later, you did. It was spectacular! Clint and Rhodey were accusing you of cheating when during the game, you saw cards under the sleeves! You didn't mind the cheating because the latter were old and needed all the help they could get.

Changing the mix, you stood up.
"Be right back guys! I'm going to get a Coke." Pushing your chair in, you were about to turn when Steve ran into you spilling his drink all over your portable music device. The song was choppy and the tapes were unwinding.
"Oh crap! No come on!" You slumped on the floor in defeat. Your one and only baby was gone. Even your favourite mix.
"Y/N! I'm so sorry. I didn't watch where I was going and I-"
Hearing Steve apologizing was always painful. He was always so genuine and didn't need anymore crap in his life. To stop his sincere rambling, you politely cut him off. "Oh no! It's ok! It's my fault. Needed a new one anyways."
In reality, you really didn't need a new one. This one was fine. You walked away grabbing 4 cans of coke and multiple packs of popcorn ( including a big bowl ) and you walked to your room...
to grieve.

...

In bed, you were totally dejected. What would you do now? Not trying to think about the horror that just occurred, you brought your attention to "Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom". For some odd reason, he looked similar to Peter Quill. Maybe it was because you haven't seen him for about 4 months but you were sure your mind was playing tricks on you. Deciding it was time to sleep, you hit the bed and passed out. You had dreams in paradise with your friend Barney the Walkman, forever reminding you of what you could have been. The perfect duo.

...

You would think a couple of weeks of low spirits would be enough, but it really wasn't. You were still that happy kid that loved everything, and wore the most angelic smiles of all time, but it just wasn't the same without Barney. Even your mom could tell. Natasha couldn't watch as you were looking at the TV watching Adventure Time, and looking at ads to find a new music device, it was just sad. So, like a good mother would do, she went to Tony and asked if he make another Walkman. Tony was more than happy to help. He never admitted it, but you made him and Natasha's friendship closer and he really appreciated it. Plus, it was better than buying one since you truly did cherish what Tony made.

...

A Couple Weeks Later

When you woke in your bed and the clock hit 9:00, it was now officially your birthday! You didn't care about anything else except for the presents and the food to be honest.

Practically jumping downstairs, you were met with your mom, Bucky, Rhodey, Pepper, and that mean boy, Steve. You loaded your plate with eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, and hash browns, and somewhat devoured it under 10 minutes. You washed your plate and grabbed your handy backpack.
"I'm going to the obstacle course with Pete, MJ, and Ned! See you in a couple of hours." Kissing your mom's cheek and thanking her for food, you left the house to have some fun.

...

Your birthday was coming to an end but the gifts weren't opened yet. Unwrapping all of them you received a new LEGO set to build with your friends, money, clothes, and a couple of more. After cleaning, everyone retired to their rooms except for you and Nat. "Oh Y/N, I haven't given you our final gifts yet?" A wave of curiosity hit in head. What was it?
Natasha gave you the gift and you unwrapped it. It was a new WALKMAN! The designs had Star Wars on them and it was more durable! It had new mixes and everything. You literally attacked your mom with hugs and kisses.
"I love you so much!!! Thank you thank you thank you!" You bounced back to your room to test it out. You made a mental note to thank Tony and fix your friendship with Steve. He had always been feeling done since that party.

Nat was still on the couch loving the fact that she was a mom. Even if you weren't hers biologically, you were still hers. She had an amazing child that she loved dearly. Nothing could break the bond between you and her.

~~~

Comment  below if you always wanted a Walkman?
Don't forget to follow and vote!
Thanks for reading guys!
Sorry for the cheesy ending!

- BingeReaderClub