Imagine : Why Aren't I Good Enough? | Black Widow.

The days fluttered by, time slipping from within your grasps. On days where the hours felt like seconds, it seemed like you were always stuck in reverse. It felt like the universe was against you, like it didn't want you to progress further. Maybe it was against you. After the fight with your mom, things just weren't the same.

...

It occurred in the training room. A test between two sisters doing hand to hand combat. You've always had a knack for things. Always catching on faster than the rest and always being better than everyone else.

You circled around the thick blue mat, eyeing your soon to be prey. Being trained from some of the best fighters in the world, you were skilled in many aspects. Training with them for years, you earned their respect along the way. You proved to them you could get up when you fell down, how you could improve on your failures, and make up for what you lacked. It took time to get where you were today but with your strong intent for approval you so desperately sought, you were finally acknowledged by society. You made yourself from the bottom up, but on many occasions, that was always forgotten. Forgotten by your mother.

Hands ready in front of you, you quickly leaped off of your left foot and into the air. You spun and twisted your body, delivering a hard kick with your right foot.  A successful round-house kick.

Verona, your sister, stumbled and were dazed from the harsh kick you sent. Quickly before she had a chance to recover, you went behind her, pushing her knees in. You had your hands grip her neck and pull her left arm back.

She grit her teeth, not wanting to give up. All she had do to was surrendering but she was too damn proud.

Your eyes became dark and hard. Malicious intent came from your gaze. "Surrender." You coldly said in monotone.

She eyes widened in fear and bowed her head. You immediately let her go and gave her a wide smile.

"You did good. Sorry if I went to hard." You giggled softly.

To others, you may have seemed crazy. How could someone switch personalities?

When you began training, an influential teacher once said to you that you couldn't let your enemies see the true you when you were up against them. They would only take your vulnerabilities and use that against you. Because of this, he made you have an assassin's facade. He called it "Two facing". A personality of yourself, and a personality of a killer.

Natasha scoffed. "Y/N! Do you want to hurt your sister? That roundhouse kick could of went to the head. What if she didn't block that? Huh? What would happen? Did your teachers teach your nothing? Or were you a bad student? Go again."

You stepped up onto the mat bouncing on your toes lightly. Verona smirked at you, tongue against her cheek. She was mocking you. You quickly two faced and creepily smiled at her.

"Don't test me V." You taunted.

You switched persons in a split second but Verona still had the faster take off, sending a hard kick to your ribs. Luckily catching her leg, you pushed her away and swung at her cheek. It made contact. Everything seemed to stop as you quickly realized what had happened. Swishing her mouth, she spat out blood. You definitely did not mean that.

Verona rushed to you throwing a jab to your neck. You swiftly dodged and not a second later, an epiphany came before you.

Your heart was racing and your head started to hurt with how hard you were beginning to think. You came to the conclusion that she was aiming for your vital parts. She wanted to hurt you. A good kick to the ribs, a hit to the neck, if you hit a person hard enough, you could take them down. Those were dirty moves.