Her and The Food Trip | Thor

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."  - Lao Tzu

Thor never imagined having kids. They were almost like the aftermath of hearing something loud. The annoying ringing. Children were hard work and he couldn't imagine himself one day giving up his immaturity and free time to take care of another person.

He absolutely despised them, until he met you. Thor fell in love with this beautiful, kind woman. She had honey auburn hair, pale skin, and soft rosy cheeks. That woman was by far the perfect one he'd seen in his existence. An angel, a ray of sunshine, a kind soul, she was the epitome of his heart. Over the years, their love grew and soon as did her womb. Nine months in the making, you were ready to be born but of course, it was always tragedy for Thor. The love of his life, dead during childbirth, left a small innocent child in his wake. You were a constant reminder of her.

...

Thor loved you more than the sight of spinning planets and glistening stars. It also explained the reason why'd he always spoil you, especially when it came to what you wanted the most. Food.

You did have your mother's appetite.

Today was one of those days where you woke up thinking of her. Thinking of what she loved to eat the most, you asked your father. His eyes had sparkled just talking about her. Thor recalled the time where she stay up at night eating abundant amounts of chocolate croissants, fruit cups, jello, and just about everything made of sugar.

Your heart swelled in affection. The thought of tasting the same things she did, in a way, made you feel like you were closer to her more than ever before.
...

Large neon letters illuminated the night. The fridge being empty, you and the "family" decided to get shopping done. Entering the food mart, you pulled out a metal cart and headed straight for the snack aisle. The aisle ranged from sugary solids to sugary liquids.

With a notepad in your hand, you quickly checked off all the items that you threw in the cart. Buttery popcorn, gummy worms, biscuits, sweet drinks, were just a few items in the filled up cart.

After everything was gotten, you went first to checkout and pay. The cashier, a young boy around your age made a face of agony as he looked at your cart. You could tell he was new and most definitely uncomfortable. Box after box, a sweat from his brow slid down his face. The total, which was unreasonably expensive, was $120. On the dot. Grabbing the multiple bags, the boy handed you your receipt.

...

Shopping was successful and after unpacking all the groceries, you popped on a movie and sat on the leather recliner. A bowl of popcorn on your lap, a can of whatever the hell kids were drinking today, and more by your side, you stared at the movie not noticing your father's look.

Thor seated on your left, looked at you with a soft smile. He swore that each passing day, you looked more like your mother. A single tear slid down his face but he quickly wiped it away.