-- 22 - Forced Hypnotization --

I know the picture is not a BNHA meme but I like it anyway sorry

Quirk:
Forced Hypnotization

Type:
Emitter

Strength:
Medium

Usage:
Villains are perfect for this.

First some explanation on real hypnosis:
- You can't go under hypnosis involuntarily
- You can't do things you don't want to do via hypnosis
- Yes, it is real
- Only someone extremely manipulative can do somewhat evil things to someone being hypnotized

Now that that's outta the way, let's explain the quirk.

You can force somebody into a trance. A trance is basically a state between sleeping and being awake, so the person is fully aware what happens and what everyone is saying but can't do anything and will look like they're sleeping.

If you speak in a dreamy way to the victim while they're in a trance you will talk directly to their subconscious mind, and if you're using your quirk their subconscious mind can't do anything but obey. BUT, this too has its limits like real hypnosis.

If the persons conscious mind catches the subconscious mind doing something they don't want to, they can force themselves to not do it.

Wait wait wait, this explanation is getting a little messy, let's first explain what happens after you use the quirk-

For example, you tell them that when they wake up they will go do the dishes. When you wake them they will get a strong urge to do the dishes all of the sudden. If you tell them to not try to escape, they will have a strong feeling they don't want to escape. If you tell them to betray their friends, they will have a strong feeling they want to betray their friends.

But that doesn't mean they'll actually do it. The more extreme the request, the less likely they will. So you probably can't tell a mentally healthy person (I mean without severe depression) to kill themselves. They will think about it, but won't actually do it.

Now onto how the quirk is activated.

You will have to touch someone's forehead with the palm of your hand and focus real hard. If it succeeds the victim gets really drowsy and within a few seconds they're out. This requires intense focus and stamina though.

Rereading all this I saw I mostly described this quirk as a use of evil, so I will now give some more heroic examples.
- First of all, if you have this quirk you automatically have a talent for hypnosis even without using your powers.
- You can tell a smoke addict, no, any addict to stop their addiction. The chance of them stopping is high. Like 50-80%.
- You can tell someone to let their injuries heal faster. Their injuries will actually heal faster, but of course far from recovery girl's speed.
- You can tell someone to change their bad behaviors, from anger issues to cutting to walking in a way that harms themselves/having a bad posture. About same chances for the addictions.

The quirk works best if someone actually wants to do it. That sounds obvious, but in case of an addiction they maybe really want to stop but can't because their subconscious doesn't let them.

Strengths:
You can increase the chance of people doing what you tell them by a LOT
Idk everything else I already mentioned above in detail

Weaknesses:
You gotta touch that forehead for a couple seconds
You will get tired easily so doing this mid-battle might not be such a great idea

Drawbacks:
The amount of focus required can give you a big headache
And like I mentioned in a lot of previous quirks, too much stamina used can be fatal so watch out.