03

In the hollow of the day, the sun was dipping quietly below the horizon. Zoha slowly propped up the heavy eyelids, her vision was blurred, but soon the images took a proper shape. A man was standing tilted, his toes were firmly fixed on the ground and he was talking to the other person. She blinked her eyes again the water leaked in the form of a tiny droplet from her eyes, and the image became cleared. She was laid on her left arm, with both hands tied backward. There was a cloth parting her upper and lower jaws, fixed between her teeth going all the way to the back of her head.

"Yes boss you were right, she is an orphan" the man wearing a black mask of plastic said to the man in the red mask.

"Okay and what about her siblings and relatives?" the red masked man asked.

"Boss, only a brother who lives abroad, she lives with her Taya, he is wealthy but not resourceful. I mean he runs a factory but he is damn loyal, he can pay us the right amount..." her eyelids were getting heavier again but she wanted to listen to their plan before falling asleep again, she forced her mind and shrugged off the pain, she was feeling in her ribs, hands and legs.

"But I'm only concerned with the money... and who knows if he could pay us the amount, but you know..." he stopped

"Just capture her few pictures..."

"Yes boss!" he said and came towards her, she ruttled, her throat was dried up, because of the permanent opening, she hissed as the man held her shoulder, he yanked her hair and hauled her to the seat and made her sit. He brought the camera and captured her picture her eyes got closed with the sudden flash. He captured again and again until she couldn't see, her eyes had temporarily got blinded she shut them up tightly and then opened again, everything was blurring again. Slowly her eyes got shut.

"She doesn't seem like she knows anything about that painting at all..." she heard a voice before her mind completely fell numb.

☆☆☆☆

"But beta, you've just arrived" his mother held his hand.

"Yes, I know mama but you know na, I can't take a day's rest even..." Rehaab clarified.

"I know and I've never forced you not even once in my life..." she insisted.

"Mom, try to understand, it's about money. I can't leave those bastards this easily, I gotta take it back!"

"Why are you messing up yourself so much, leave it to your father, he'll handle it in his own better way"

"No mom I never leave my work in the middle, I've started it and I've taken responsibility for it I won't back-out now..." he was determined.

"Acha ok, fine, just stay till tomorrow and go the day after tomorrow, you know it's beneficial for you as well, as they'd think you've forgotten and then you can have it back easily without their much attention" she suggested.

"Hmm, you're right. I'd rather go the day after tomorrow" he nodded while thinking.

"That's like my boy" she smiled.

☆☆☆☆

The sun had gone down way below the horizon; the purple of the night ruptured the aura. Mr. Kashif's phone buzzed just when he was sitting in his car.

"Yes beta Rohaan? How are you?" he smiled while taking the call.

"Salam Taya, has she come?" Rohaan was worried on the other end.

"No, actually I'm just going home; I'll tell you when I reach or maybe you can call on landline your Tayi will let you know don't worry much. I'm telling you she'd be fine..." he reassured him.