05

In the morning, the dusky sky silhouetted before her eyes, she was laid lifelessly, while tears were slowly prickling through her eyes, she was looking outside the window, a wide ground spread beyond the ambit of glance, gold sprinkled mustard field was rustling with the soft air blowing, she remembered when she had fallen asleep she was in a very dark, dim room with her mind numb and fierce with terror and sadness but now the strange tranquility had ruptured the aura, her head was still hurting but she didn't want to move...

She captured a man mechanically moving a shovel through the stems and then she noticed him, her eyes got widened. She could still remember the fine shots he gave to those people, she remembered the heedless Rehab giving a damn even if the other person died and he enjoyed murdering people, she thought.

Draped in slate-black nike's sweat-shirt that hooded his broad shoulders and darker shade jeans with his hair gelled upward, the decent look that no one would even doubt his other darker side. Hopping off the bigger and small pits and then through the field he was coming towards the house and for once he had stared upward and their eyes had met, she immediately slid her eyes shut. But it was late she knew he had seen him.

When she slowly opened her eyes he wasn't in the view anymore he must have reached the house. She heard the creaking of the door as it opened behind her back, she turned around and caught him barging in the room and it was her first glance on the room as well.

Wooded floor with the bricked walls, a fireplace crowned with chimney at one corner while fire sizzling and erupting in the middle. Two red couches on either sides of the room and the single bed she was laying onto...

She immediately hitched upward but her one hand was tied up to the bed's corner, he was taking steps towards her, she shuddered and moved backward but he didn't stop he came closer and closer until he was standing just a touch away from her half-upward lifted body, his shadow darkened her face and body.

"Wh-What do you want" her voice trembled.

"I asked who you are?!" she raised her voice, forming a flurry of voice, it hit his eardrums. He didn't reply, instead he hovered, her breath stopped, terror roamed inside her whole body. She jingled herself backward but it struck the wooden bed-crown, she tried to scream but before he put his hand on her mouth, pressing it tightly and with the other he unbolted her wrist from the bed. He released the pressure on her mouth and turned around, crimson fingers were pasted all around her lips, she flinched and hiccups started. She gently massaged her mouth, then her wrist.

She saw as he went towards the fireplace, he extinguished the fire; it was cold even in the noon she understood that they weren't in Karachi at least, after it he reached the door and revolved the knob when she interrupted from behind.

"Who the hell are you?" his hands stopped and his ears erected...

☆☆☆☆

"What happened, why your face is so down today?" Samina asked her husband.

"Huh, your son, what else can perplex me in this world..." he shook his head.

"What now, Rehab is your son too in fact more than mine he's yours..." she sniffed in the hot gale leaving her tea cup.

"Ah, no in taking all the foolish decisions, he takes after you..." he argued.

"What happened, tell me. Then we'll decide if it's your fault or mine"

"He attacked the rivals and he has kidnapped a girl..." he said in displeasure.

"Wh-what?" she asked in a disbelieving way.

"Yes and not only this he's not asking for any ransom he's going to start this as his new business, you know what I mean?"

"Oh, I very well know it. So what's your concern?" she asked instead.