19

The crescent was lingering in the middle of the husky mass of clouds as it was again waning and there was no moonlight tonight. She was waiting for him, while peeping out the window.

When she saw a car pulling in the driveway she wanted to run to meet him but she stopped herself...

Maybe loneliness has made me fond of his presence, she thought.
As she saw him coming out of the car.

He shut the door closed and she saw him opening the main door, both bano and guard have slept already.

It was past 3 in the night and she wondered what she was doing while being awake this late.

After a while she stepped on the floor lightly not making any sound.

She reached the door and opened it slowly. She was thirsty and she had to go to the kitchen.

The corridor was dipped in obscureness, only a dim glow of night bulb was peeping in the middle of the launch, not ample for her to see anything being in the corridor.

So this is how dark this house feels like at night! She thought.

She was stepping slowly, but her eyes were unable to make out the shapes of the things and she cursed herself for still not have been memorized the house's interior.

She stumbled upon something that felt soft and in a snap, she had lost her grip on the ground, she had fallen but she didn't make any noise as she wasn't feeling any pain as well.

But soon she realized she was on the lap of Rehaab when she felt his breath in her neck, she immediately moved her hand as she tried to touch his face for confirmation.

As soon as her hands touched his eyes, she felt strange warmness and her hands felt slightly wet.

Shit I didn't only end up in his room, but on his lap!

Is he even alive? Why he isn't saying anything

Ah maybe he's asleep, I can just get out of here without him waking, I have surely lost so much weight, but I didn't know that he wouldn't feel a thing!

Damn! Is he dead?

Thoughts attacked her just when she cleverly tried getting up...

But she felt his hands moving upto her waist and as they grasped it tightly and pushed her more to him...

He put his head in her neck and started sobbing lightly. He knew what he was doing, he knew it could shove her away from him but he wanted it, he wanted that moment. He wanted to cry on her shoulder.

She was still in awe of him crying that she didn't notice how much closer she was to him at the moment, with his breaths in her neck and his hands claiming her waist.

She was shocked because she had always thought he didn't feel a thing.

Shit! Have I gain this much weight that it made him cry the hell out?

Another thought terrorized her as she wrestled to get away from his lap. But he wrestled and hooked her to himself.

What could have hurt him this bad?

She wanted to pat his hair just when she felt tickling on her back and as like a boss bats climbed on her to reach her master.

She jumped out of his lap but couldn't stand properly on her own feet and stumbled down on the carpet.

This time she felt pain.

He hushed batty to his bed just when he turned around to ask her.

"Are you okay?" his voice was heavy as he had cried heavily, but most of it had been inside him and a little was heard by her.