24

Haven't read this part twice, been so busy couldn't finish writing a single chap, I deeply apologize. Thanks for reading it, your views motivated me to write it. Please ignore typos or any other grammatical mistakes as u have before. Please vote to show your support. That's too much pleading haha but existential crisis so yeah...

The gleaming lights of pearled chandlier in the middle of the rooftop was reflecting the colorful mixture of dresses the people were wear in the hall, it was thronged and everyone was laughing and cheering, a gibberish form of music was escapinng the hall.

She was perplexed and peeking at the crowded hall from one corner it was her party yet she knew what was going to happen to her.

Her coal-black eyes matched the gown swaying off her body. She had wrapped a silver scarf around her face. Zunaira had made her wear black stud earrings and thus she had to make hijab in the way that her earrings would show and not her hair.

She didn't feel comfortable in stepping inside, she was wondering the purpose of hoisting a party at this hour of her life.

I mean this society can't really get out of the four blue walls of typical and traditional mindset, we've been trapped in it since forever. It's not gonna happen, people are always gonna mock, they ain't getting out of their fucking small mentality.

She thought as the upcoming comments on her character on her parents her family everything roared in her mind back to back like a set playlist.

She wasn't afraid of being mocked herself but she feared only the amount of spit that was going to be shared by her family.

Thoughts enraptured her and shackled her feet, she was unable to move them standing at the door sill she knew a few of the people had already given furtive glances to her but she was unable to move her feet, it felt as if there were thousands of butchers holding sharp blades to kill her self respect, to drain out the peace from her body like blood and to destroy her mental health.

In this and that, in the knowing and unknowing someone grabbed her hand lightly and unshackled her feet, she just needed that little push someone to hold her hand and grab her out of the thoughts she was getting pulled in.

She didn't notice yet the cologne was familiar. She felt her eyes getting closed a little and her tummy turning in waves but as soon as she looked at the face it was the same person who was with Rohaan the day when they went shopping same mask, but this time black in color and now his suit twinned with her gown, same shimmery, shiny black.

She immediately hitched her hand back from his grip but she suddenly noticed she was in the middle of hall now and every single stare was at her when Rohaan reached her and put a hand on her shoulder and then turning to people, which were mostly family while some of the friends of Rohaan who knew about the incident and whom he hadn't met since he had come back and Zoha's few friends were there too. She smiled hesitatedly it had been a long time since she had seen so many people altogether.

"Everyone may I have your attention please, a big round of applause for my sister Zoha, it's her day, cheers to her" he laughed while clapping and everyone clapped, Zoha smiled and as the attention was diverted again she reached a corner to let herself breathe comfortably.

A window which gave her nostalgia as she peeped out at the garden. Holding a soft drink in her hand, she was lost when someone cleared her throat she turned around to find her aunt (tayi's elder sister) standing in front of her now.

"Assalam o alaikum khala" Zoha said as she smiled.

"Walaikum as salam, you seem fine" replied she when she was sending daggers at her.