22

Please don't forget to vote to show your support♥♡ and comment on the scenes you like so that i'd be able to put such in other chapters as well. Thanks, happy reading!

****
Rehaab stood up to leave the room as soon as he heard of Zoha coming downstairs.

"Where are you going? And who are you?" The police man called out from behind and Rehaab smiled as he turned around to face him, for he wanted this interaction for once but just not right now.

"Yes sir?" asked he when Rohaan stood up and reached him.

"Sir he is a dear friend he came for tea he wasn't aware of your visit, his father died recently, so he must go home now for its already too late" he nudged Rehaab's shoulder and Rehaab straighten, but he was ready to face the police man. For they didn't know even a glimpse of his  personality.

"Okay, but as he is here now, let me question him as well, as you see no one can't be trusted" he was standing up when Rehaab stoop forward and helped the bulky police man. He stared deeply into Rehaab's eye.

"But Sir, we became friends just a month ago, he lives nearby so he wasn't my friend when she went missing so obviously he got no connection" Rohaan interrupted again.

"I see. But still what you do for living Mr. Rehaab" asked he again looking into his eyes. Rehaab had known the art of telling lies so well that even if he were ever to be hypnotised to blurt out the truth, his unconscious mind would lie, if he wanted that.

"Yeah, I am a business man, I run my father's business with honest dedications sir!" told he.

The police man nodded. But another question emerged in his mind.

"And where do you live?"

"Yeah I forgot to invite you to tea, come have tea sometime officer, I live nearby on the 6th street" told he as he outspread his hand to shake the police officer's.

"Sure, sure" he shook his hand as his eyes were still lurking for any sight of insincerity in his demeanor.

Rehaab saw her descending stair case and he immediately reverted back on his feet and exited the room in hurry without caring about the officer who was still keenly observing his behaviour. Rehaab wasn't afraid of her finding him out and turning him to police but his sheer fear was of losing this only chance of knowing about her, of getting this close to her.

She saw a small glimpse of Rehaab's back when police man welcomed her in a way as if she was discovered by him.

"Sit here sister" Rohaan reached her and held her hand to make her sit on the sofa across the police man.

"Who just left bhai?" whispered she in his ear.

"My friend" replied he in a whisper.

"I'd like to investigate her alone, if you all leave this room!" asked police office.

"Sorry officer but I can't leave my sister alone with you, she has just come back and her unhealthiness has obliged me to stay with her" replied Rohaan bluntly.

"Alright then just he can stay everyone else out!" asked he fretfully this time.

Everyone left the room except for the ones in black uniform.

"So I know the beginning, your brother have had created a lot of nuisance about your abduction since you went missing, which was so likely of a brother, but your sudden appearance has sent us all into questioning whether that nuisance about your kidnapping was even worth it" he cocked his brows and Zoha's looked at him furiously.