39

In the house of clay and
water, my heart lies in ruin
without you. Dear soul,
please enter this house,
so I can begin to rebuild.” -Rumi

****
Morning befell and he woke up, he saw her sleeping near him, on the same bed, he smiled and got closer to her, looked at her sleeping face for more than a minute, his lips touched her silky forehead lightly then he stood up, quietly, not disturbing her...

His wounds were hurting still... Telling the police about the whole gang and reporting for the other gangs as well had sprouted mercy in the heart of the police. And he was set free because of it... He wouldn't have stabbed his gang members, he never planned that but if not for them to have been betrayed Rehaab, it shook him from the inside, he would never forgive a betrayer...

Back in school, when there was an only boy who had good relations with Rehaab, his only best friend Ali, he remembered when he was caught up while passing the notes and Rehaab had took all the blame on himself and as a result he was suspended for more than a month, with numerous beatings from his father afterwards, all just for his loyalty and friendship...

But when he had come back, and had found Ali completely ignoring him, and he heard about all the rumors Ali had spread about him to save his reputation... Rehaab had never forgiven him, in fact, he took his revenge through fetching away the girl Ali had a crush on... Rehaab had always been famous for his paintings and deep-set eyes and nonchalant behavior...
⭐⭐⭐⭐

They were quietly sitting in the car. Not aware what would be the next thing they were going to face but Rehaab knew he wouldn't lie or deceive this time... He had called Rohaan and informed him already about his arrival with her sister, Rohaan hadn't asked questions on the call but he knew Rohaan wasn't happy to hear this...

Rohaan was plodding in front of the house maybe he had been there waiting since Rehaab had informed him..

Their car stopped and Zoha got off immediately, ran and hugged her brother... She was crying, not because she was upset but because she was happy to have been able to found her love, she was happy that she got here alive with Rehaab.

"Stop crying. Ufh. Alhamdulillah. You're alright" Rohaan said detaching her from himself.

"Bhai, I want to tell you something" she wasn't afraid. She knew she would say it to Rohaan now, she knew she was ready to accept her Nikkah in front of the world now... She turned around to look at Rehaab, her finger was also pointing at the back. Just when her hand was stuck in the air... He was gone. No car. No trace.

"What? You came with someone?" Rohaan pretended, though he knew Rehaab had dropped her... Though he was curious of what had been going on with them, he had sensed the smell of brewing love beans. But he couldn't just agree..

Zoha was blankly staring at the backside. Her teary eyes had dried up completely.

"You were telling me something?" Asked Rohaan shaking her. She couldn't understand what just had happened. Where did he go. Why he wasn't standing by her?

"Yeah, yeah. I wanted to ask you to pay the cab driver but did he go away without taking anything? Just like that?"

"What are you saying Zoha? Come inside have some rest" he put his hand around her shoulder and took her inside.

She was wearied, her legs felt heavy as she took each step...

1 month later...

"Changes are what human body is basically built upon... But change of the body, of this skin and its stretching is one thing and changing of the whole soul (towards righteousness) is what makes us high and noble in the eyes of Allah, and so it's okay if you have committed sins, it's absolutely fine 'cause Allah loves those who repent! In Allah's court the more sins you have got and the more repentance you have got is what's going to raise you! Trust me brothers, I'm not saying anything by myself Allah is telling himself in the Quran!
"Verily, Allah loves those who repent and those who purify themselves." [Al-Qur'an 2:222]" the voice of the moulana seared into his ears as he was sitting and listening to the bayan (preaching) after jummah khutba (sermon)...