clever as a fox

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

I WALKED OUT OF RECOVERY GIRLS ROOM AND WALKED TO MY STAGE. I turned the corner only to be tugged back. My back hit the wall and someone's hot breathe was in my face. I opened my eyes and saw Katsu staring at me. I gave a smile.

"Oh Katsu! What's up?" I say warmly. He doesn't respond. I felt a little awkward. He had my arms pinned to the side of my head while his leg was in the middle of mine. I flushed red from embarrassment. "Uhm. K-Katsu, this-"

"You better win your next match, or you're dead. Got it?" He growled. I gave a nod. He leaned closer, so that him nose was touching mine. He looked down and seemed to pause. I felt my heartbeat echo as he took his sweet ass time.

Finally, he pushed off me and walk away. I found my breath and stayed still for a few more moments. My mind raced as I turned around and walked to my stage.

"What the hell was that..." I whispered. I shook my head and stepped out into the stadium.

'Just Katsu being weird. Get over it, you have a match to win.'

I stared at Todoroki from the other side. I gave a thumbs up as he continued to remain blank.

"NOW WE HAVE TODOROKI SHOUTO FROM THE HERO COURSE, VERSUS L/N Y/N ALSO FROM THE HERO COURSE!! BEGIN!" Present Mic shouted. I summoned Red right off the bat. He materialized just in time to pick me up and dodge a frenzy of ice spikes from Todoroki.

I flipped onto his back and rode him properly. I held on tight as we dropped down and ignited the arena in flames. Todoroki had to make an ice platform to try and avoid it. Red blasted him again, making him fly off his platform. He used his ice and slid around, standing in the center. We dove down and encircled him, creating bursts of flames on th ground. I whispered instructions to Red. He huffed in response. He set me down on the ice, then flew towards Todoroki, who was struggling to see me over the flames.

I guess he figured out that I wasn't on Red because he blasted ice near my direction. I did a barrel roll to avoid it. I ran around, dodging the flames. I ran around the outside undetected while Red distracted him.

I smirked as I crouch ran behind Todoroki. I gave a thumbs up to Red. He saw and shrieked as he dove down. He slapped Todoroki and sent him flying back. Before he could use he ice to slide away again, I grabbed him arm and slammed him on the boundary line. He looked shocked to say the least.

"Todoroki is out of bounds! L/N is the winner!" Midnight shouted. The crowd cheered as Red flew around, relishing in the attention. I crouched down and extended a hand.

"Thanks for the great match, you put up a good fight." I give him a smile. He pauses before taking my hand. I hoist him up and shake his hand. "See you Todoroki!" I let go of his hand and give him a wave. I look around to see the ice gone as well as the flames. I looked up and gave the firey dragon a thumbs up. He gave a smile as he sped down, vanishing into my markings again.

I walk back up to our stands and sat back down in between Zu and Ryoto. I got a high five from Ryoto.

"That was awesome! Good job." I pointed finger guns at him as I turned to see Zu scribbling something down on a notebook. I looked at it and saw a picture of Red and Blue, along with a summary of them. I leaned back and tapped Zu on the shoulder, which frightened him.

"What'cha writing about?" I ask, giving him a grin. He scratches the back of his neck as he blushes.

"W-Well, it's just a small analyses of your quirk. Sorry if that's kind of weird..." He muttered. I shrugged.

"I don't mind. You don't seem to have much on Blue." I point at the page. He hummed in agreement.

"You haven't used her much, so I don't have much info." I gave a nod.

"Well, I'll use her next round. Just for you." I smile. He looks at me and smiles brightly.

"Th-Thank you Y/N!" He praises. I nod as I stand up

"Wish me luck." I say, walking out and towards my next match.

I saw Katsu on my way there. I gave him a wave as I walked up to him.

"Good luck Katsu, I don't plan on going easy on you." I smirk. He huffs as he also smirks.

"Good. I won't be going easy on you either. You better do your fucking best." He sneers. I give a salute.

"Aye aye captain!" I smile. As he walks away, he looks at me from over his shoulder. He stops.

"And I don't like you talking to that half and half bastard. So don't, got it?" He growled, his voice low and serious. I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you jealous that I've talked to people?" I give a giggle. "You needn't worry Katsu, I'd never replace you. You are one of my closest friends after all." He mutters something before walking away. I shrug and shake my head. What's up with him?

I push it to the back of mind as I prepare for my next fight. The finals. And I want to win it all.