preparation

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

THE INTERNSHIP HAD GONE BY QUICKLY AND WE HAD IMPROVED A LOT. And by we, I mean Ryoto. I just sat back and relaxed while Ryoto got drilled. He definitely improved though. His flying is smoother and his tolerance for flying has exceeded, meaning he can fly for longer periods of time. I was secretly proud of my idiotic, asshole-like, unsophisticated, unbearable partner.

We gave a wave to Hawks as we stepped on the train again. I gave a gasp as I rushed back out the doors and pulled a note pad from my pocket.

"Could I get a quick autograph? Its for a friend." I ask, thrusting the paper and pen into his hands. He gives a chuckle as he writes a message and signs it.

"Whatever you want, Y/N." He grins. He hands me back the paper and pen. "Visit me sometime will 'ya? Gets boring dealing with the same sidekicks. I swear some of them are bots." He grumbles. I give a salute as I rush back to the train, barely making it through the doors as they closed. Ryoto and I squished our faces up against the glass as we waved to Hawks. He burst out laughing as he waved back. We sped off, leaving Hawks behind.

"Its good to be home!" Ryoto grinned, dropping his bags and flopping onto the couch.

I sweatdropped. "Need I remind you that you don't live here?" He gave a huff filled with smoke as he frowned.

"Its my second home! I practically live here." He pouts. I give a shrug as I sit on his back, turning on the T.V.

"True." He extends his wings, making me shift. I screech as he flips me onto my back, allowing him to sit up properly. I grumbled as I sat up. My attention was drawn to the T.V as the 'hero killer' Stain was apprehended. I gave a frown.

"Damnit, we were just a few blocks away! We could've beaten him before Endevour." Ryoto groans, leaning his head back while he crossed his arms. I also felt upset.

"Fuck. We could've kicked ASS!" I yell, thrusting an arm up. He gives a toothy grin.

"You tell 'em sister!" He reciprocated my actions and held his fist high.

I walked to school, the sound of music flooding through my headphones. It was a monday, which was officially the worst day of the week. The first day of waking up at six, drenched in misery. I didn't even hear my own footsteps as I made my way down the sidewalk. It was pretty early, so there wasn't anyone around me.

I stopped suddenly as my vision went dark. Someone had put their hands on my eyes. I gave a frown.

"Wait! I know this one." I quickly say, holding my headphones on my hands. "Uh... Ryoto?" I guess wearily. The person gives an annoyed grunt.

"WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU MISTAKE ME FOR THAT DAMNED LIZARD!!" The voice yelled. I was spun around and met with angry crimson orbs. I gave a nod of recognition. However when my eyes wandered up to his hair.

"What happened to your hair Katsu?!" I almost topple over as I laugh. His hair wasn't spiky, and it was actually combed.

'I guess miracles can happen.'

"SHUT IT SHRIMP!!" He shouted, his cheeks turning a light pink. He seems agitated. I stand on my tippy toes as I raise my hand up to his hair. I start to ruffle it, returning it to its spiky glory. I gave a content smile as I pulled my hand away.

"All better!" I grin, happy with the outcome. His blush only increases. I start to walk, leaving the stunned grenade behind. It doesn't take him long to catch up.

"Thanks I guess..." he mutters. I can't help but smile.

"Anytime Katsu." I reply. I can see him sneaking glances at me from the corner of my eye. "So how was your internship?" I ask, not letting the conversation die so easily. He gives a low growl.

"That guy is a fucking rude, high horsed shit. Didn't teach me squat." I gave a laugh.

"So... you met you?" I ask, holding back a smirk. He turns to me with a murderous look.

"YOU LITTLE..!" His palms started to smoke. I held my hands up while chuckling.

"Joking! Don't murder me!" I say sarcastically. He lowers his hands and scowls.

"I'm still waiting for that rematch." He sneers, his frown turning to a smirk. I give a nod while looking ahead.

"Of course. Name the time and place and I'll be down." I reply. We arrive at the gate and scan our student ID's.

"After school, follow me. I know a good spot." He smirks. I give a toothy grin.

"Sounds good. Prepare to lose firecracker." I joke. He gets riled up once again.

"OH YEAH?! Loser buys dinner!" He challenges. I smile at the mention of food.

"Oh you're on. I like (favourite food) by the way." We turn the corner and arrive at our classroom.

"Pfft, whatever shrimp." He huffs. We enter and see most of our classmates already here, chatting excitedly. I took my seat and laid my head on my table.

'Damn mondays.'

"Y/N! How was your internship?" I look over at Zu and give a smile.

"Its was good! How about yours? I'm sure it wasn't easy." I lift my head and put my hand underneath it. He gives a hestitant laugh.

"Yeah, Grand Torino doesn't go easy..." I give a small chuckle. I give a small gasp as I remember something. I fish into my bag and hand Zu a piece of paper. He flushed a deep red and started to fanboy.

"As requested." I smirk.

"Oh Y/N! Thank you so much!" He exclaims, boping in his seat. It was the signature from Hawks. He carefully slipped it into his bag as he thanked me again and again. I gave a smile. I looked at Katsu and saw him glaring at me from the corner of his eye. His gaze lingered on me for awhile until the door opened.

"Alright, settle down jeez." A tired voice spoke. I ripped my gaze from Katsu's and gave Zu a thumbs up before turning to the front. I could see a frown appear on Zu's face, but he turned to the front nevertheless.