zero trust

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

RYOTO AND I WERE TO GO ON A TRAIN WITH TODOROKI, IZUKU, TENYA AND A FEW OTHERS. I sat in between Todoroki and Tenya while Ryoto sat besides Zu, who looked quite upset. I had said my goodbyes to an angry Katsu eariler, as he was mad that I didn't choose Best Jeanist's agency. Oh well.

We arrived at the station and walked out, ready to go our own ways.

"I wish you luck Y/N and Ryoto!" Tenya waved. I gave a thumbs up as Ryoto did a salute.

"You too Tenya! Bye!" I wave back. He gives a nod as he turns and walks away. I give a small frown. I know the deal about his brother, its good to see him still going strong. But I don't think he should've picked Hosu, I'm guessing he wants to carry on after his brother as soon as possible. I feel for the guy. I turn and see Zu walking up to us, I'm guessing Todoroki left without a word. Can't say I didn't expect it.

"Good luck with Torino Zu." I smile. He gives a smile back.

"You too! I hear Hawks is super cool!" He exclaimed, igniting his inner fanboy. I give a nod.

"Yeah! I'll get an autograph for you." He blushed a light red.

"R-Really?! Thank you so much!" He stuttered. I gave a soft chuckle.

"Of course. See you soon Zu." I nudge Ryoto, making him snap his head around from whatever he was looking at. He seemed to hid a frown.

"O-Oh. Yeah! Goodbye!" He waved. I returned it and walked away with Ryoto. We turned a corner and begun to walk on the semi crowded streets. I gave a sigh.

Something was up with Zu and Katsu. But I've noticed it more with Zu, he was never really good at hiding things. Like the muttering. If Tenya was too embarrassed to say what it was then I definitely don't want to know. And the stares. Zu and Katsu have been doing it lately and its been driving me somewhat mental.

Not that I'm not already mental.

Its just freaky. The kind of stare that sends shivers down your spine or makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. That kind of intense creepy. And that damned dream. I'm still unsure if it was real or not. Ryoto said it himself, its not like me to sleep at such a weird time. I'm so unsure of so many things.

Maybe its just coincidences that'll disapear.

"Watch out!" I felt myself get dragged to the side. I slammed into Ryoto before being put back on track. I blinked and saw that the streets had become crowded. "You good? You zoned out for awhile." I looked to see familiar yellow cat eyes. I gave a nod.

"Yeah. Fine." I breathe. He gave a small nod before turning to the front. He pointed infront of us while smiling.

"Look! There it is!" I looked above the crowd to see the tall building. I gave a sigh of relief. We sped our walking up, swerving around the crowd, which was harder for Ryoto because of his tail and wings. Poor guy.

We arrived at the skyscraper and walked in, bright smiles beaming on our features. We didn't bother with the reception, so we raced each other to the elevator. Ryoto cheated by flying.

"You ass! Thats illegal!" I huff, out of breathe from the dash across the lobby. He poked his tongue out at me as he spammed the elevator button.

"Too bad. You should've been faster." He sneers. I puff my cheeks out as I furrow my eyebrows. Before I could throw another insult his way, the elevator gave a ding, opening its door. We got in and pressed the highest button. The elevator chimed and we were on our way.

After awhile, we stepped out and immediately smiled.

"Hawks! Its been awhile!" I shout, walking up to the taller man. He spun around and gave a grin. Behind him was a giant glass wall that overlooked the city. His bright red wings were vibrant and his blonde hair was tussled. He wore his hero costume per the usual.

"Howdy. 'Bout time you two got here." He greeted, giving a lazy wave.

Ryoto gave a laugh. "Sorry your highness, traffic was a pain." Ryoto grinned. We stood infront of his desk, placing down our briefcases that contained our hero costumes.

"So when do we begin?" I ask. He hums a laugh.

"Go get changed, then try and find me." He gave a short salute as he turned around. He walked over the the corner of the room where a door was cut into the glass wall. He outstretched his wings, opened the door and jumped. We saw him a few seconds later fly back up and away.

"Damn he just yeeted himself out the building." Ryoto mumbled. I gave a nod.

"Thats... pretty cool." I whisper. I grab my case and give Ryoto a smirk.

"Lets change and hunt this man down."

We both flew through the city, ducking and weaving through billboards or around buildings. I rode on Blue while Ryoto flew besides us. Hawks was fast, that was his best attribute after all. We had to have our eyes peeled for the flash of red. Ryoto stayed low as I flew high. In this part of the city, we should be able to find him soon. Hopefully.

My eyes twitched as I saw a burst of red on the street. I yelled out to Ryoto and dove down. He seemed to be annihilating a gang of villains. I jumped off Blue and landed with a roll. I gave a grin as he glanced at me. He quickly swiped one of his long feathers at a villain. He went down easily.

"About time." He chuckled. I gave a sigh.

"You were pretty hard to find." I shrug. Ryoto lands besides me, seemingly out of breathe.

"Jesus man! I'm going to reach my limits before we've even started!" He gasped, his wings taking a toll on him. "Teach me your ways." He pleaded. Hawks have a small smile as he studied my idiot companion.

"All in good time, now lets go you noobs." He jumped up and began to fly away. I started to run. I jumped up and landed on Blue, who flew underneath my jump. I could hear Ryoto complaining the whole time we were flying.

So the internship was going great.