jaebum; criminal

I pointed the gun to her as she had her hands up

I pointed the gun to her as she had her hands up. I seized her up and down before sighing.

"You can't keep doing this," I told her.

Kehlani smirked at me as she walked over to me. "Why not officer?" She touched my chin before kissing me.

I pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. As I released her from my embrace she licked my lips before backing up.

"Kehlani this is so wrong, an officer can't keep covering for a highly wanted criminal."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched my body shift uncomfortably.

"Don't you like the thrill? The adrenaline rush you get when you have ten police cars chasing after you on a daily. I know you love it Jaebum."

I shook my head and groaned. "That was in my past, that's the whole purpose of me coming here to change my identity. I'm not a criminal anymore lani."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. She knew me better than anyone else.

"Bullshit," she said. "Jaebum the officer doesn't sound right. Jaebum the criminal sounds better." She emphasizes.

"Jaebum are you in here?" I heard my partner Jackson asked.

My eyes popped out of my sockets and I told Kehlani to run. I looked behind me and saw as Jackson was walking towards me.

"Did you find her?" He asked me. I shook my head.

Jackson cursed under his breath and sighed. He looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. "We've been trying to find this girl for years. Every time we get this close she gets away. It's like someone is helping her."

You have no idea...

We walked back to the main entrance and told everyone to go back. I looked back at the building and saw Kehlani wink at me. She placed a thumb up and I chuckled.

The things I do for this girl...

•••
BM walked up to me and glared at me. "You need to do better at catching criminals. You can't be a cop if you can't do one thing."

I ignored him and continued working. He's just mad that the captain made me the boss of him.

"Jaebum!!" Jackson screeched.

I hissed and headed over to him. He pull up his database and showed me a tracking device.

"We finally got her."

•••

At least 10 cop cars were racing to catch Kehlani and I was sitting on pins and needles. I couldn't protect her now that there's more backup.

My heart was thumping out of my chest and I felt bad. I couldn't let them get her.

"Jackson stop really quick." I told him.

He was speeding and I needed to do this. He looked at me and stopped by the entrance of a small forest.

I got out of the car and he followed.

"Are you okay?" He asked me patting my back.

"No," I said.

I quickly grabbed my gun and pulled the trigger. I shot jackson twice in the chest.

He looked at me with disbelief before falling on his knees then landing to the ground.

"This is why I tell you to always wear your bulletproof vest Wang."

I grabbed his gun and ran back to the car. I took the walkie talkie and screamed.

"MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN! We need back asap."

I sped out of the forest and ran through some red lights. I saw three cop cars making a u-turn.

"We lost her," BM said over the walkie talkie.

I felt at ease for a quick moment. I knew where she was.

•••
I ran inside the old building and carefully made my way up to the top. The floors were cracked and the walls were rotting. This place will soon crumble.

"Lani are you here?"

She came out from behind the broken door.

"How did you know I'd be here?" She asked smiling.

I walked up to her and held her hands.

"We got married here."

As I was about to kiss her I saw multiple lasers landed on her back. "They found us," I whispered.