mark; addicted

i hissed as the needle pierced through my skin

i hissed as the needle pierced through my skin. the faint pain made my body jolt slightly. the heroin and cocaine quickly spread all throughout my bloodstream and veins.

i laid my head back on the corner of the wall and moaned at the effect my body was undergoing. i can do this for the rest of my life even if it meant dying by overdosing.

"alaïa are you in here baby?" mark questioned. he knocked on the door and i quickly hid the needle somewhere.

"yeah, come in." the knob turned and the blonde headed boy popped up with a worried look.

"you were in here for a little too long and i wanted to check if you were okay."

my legs began to get heavy and numb and i stumbled back almost falling. mark opened the door to let himself in more and caught me before i fell back.

"what the hell? you need to go lay down."

i pushed him off and glared at him. he was taken aback and stared at me. "i don't need to lay down, back off mark."

i averted my eyes away for a few seconds and as i looked at him, he was looking down at the needle.

"are you fucking kidding me right now alaïa?" he dragged the needle with his right foot before picking it up.

"are you seriously doing drugs again after you promised me? do you want to fucking die again?!" his tone was somber and his voice cracked.

two years ago, i injected heroin, cocaine, and ketamine into my system and died twice within a span of six hours. after getting released from the hospital, i went to rehab for another three years but i got introduced to drugs again.

i've been secretly injecting myself when mark isn't around just to get high off the feeling. he was there through my downs but i can't help but do the things that kills me slowly inside. i'm an addict and drugs injection is my addiction.

"i can't stop mark, rehab didn't help! it drove me even more crazy!" i cried.

the disappointment in his face wasn't making me feel any better. "i continued to stick with you because i had faith in you to do better but if you can't even stay clean for a year then i can't be with you." a streak of his tear fell on his shoe as he walked away.

i grabbed his hand and fell on my knees. "baby please, please give me one more chance."

mark shook his head and sighed. "this was the final straw, i hope you find the help that you need alaïa."