jaebum; step daddy

~ 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓪🖕🏾🙃

jaebum casually leaned on the rusty rail that was connected to the brick house while waiting for his baby mother. today is his day to take his daughter but unfortunately he came an hour late.

this co-parenting thing was new to jaebum because he was so used to doing everything with his family before he decided to end things.

it wasn't like he met someone else or lost feelings but it was the sense of not being a great father and fiancé is what drove him away.

everything happened so quickly and he wasn't able to process all the events fast enough. a year later and a year older he regret his decision of departing from his family.

he stood up and brushed his clothes, expecting to see his daughter run out the door but was surprised to see a man walk out hand in hand with his child.

"daddy you made it!" the 5 year old was more than ecstatic to see her father. it's been about a month since the last time she saw him.

the girl broke the hug and looked at the man that awkwardly stood on the steps. "daddy thats wonho! mommy's boyfriend!"

"boyfriend really?" hurt was definitely one of the words he felt but he had no right to be. he's the one who called off the engagement.

"marley, let me greet mommy's boyfriend. hold on baby."

jaebum couldn't lie as he was intimidated by this new man. his biceps were the size of his thighs combined! he had such a cheat face, he could get any girl if he wanted.

"nice to meet you, y/n didn't tell me much about you." wonho said without breaking eye contact.

jaebum couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny but he brushed it off. "y/n never informed me about you so im guessing your relationship with her isn't serious. but it's nice to meet you too i guess." jaebum replied.

"were you alone with my daughter?" jaebum eyed wonho and grabbed marley's hand.

"no actually...y/n is inside."

jaebum made a motion with his hand, signaling wonho to move. wonho then stepped aside and let jaebum go through. the house that used to be his didn't feel as comforting and he wonder if it was because of this guy.

"what are you doing inside?" y/n was shocked to still see jaebum here. she couldn't bare to see his face even after she forgave him.

"well...i would've left sooner if i didn't see a random man come out with marley. why didn't you tell me that you got in a new relationship?"

y/n has never brought up the fact that she was dating again and it would've been helpful to jaebum if she told him instead of being sneaky about it.

"the conversation never came up." marley released her father's hand as she knew that when her parents were talking, it was time for her to play with her toys until she got called back down.

"well now that i have met him, i don't like him. he looks like a bunny on steroids. how long have you been with this guy?"

y/n rolled her eyes at her ex and scoffed. "if you're jealous just say that. i've been with wonho for 7 months."

jaebum hoped that eventually he'd get back with y/n and be the man she wanted him to be years ago. he wasn't expecting wonho to show up.

"i don't want him playing step dad with marley." it was bad enough due to work, jaebum began making seasonal visits and he hated that. he didn't want marley to drift away from him.

"too late and he's doing a damn good job at it. you are not gonna come here after a month to tell me how to do shit. you are the one who walked out on us jae."

he couldn't argue with that but even if wonho has her heart at the moment, jaebum was more determined to get her back.