jaebum; lost ones

*you are played as jaebum's daughter*

'i already told him everything i needed to tell him, now it's your turn to ask him why he left us.' my mother's voice ranged through my ears as i sat in the café shop.

my eyes were immensely burning from crying on my way here. i can't face the man who left my mother and i. i can't face the man who said he didn't want nothing to do with me. growing up without him made it difficult for me to even love a man let alone love myself. i don't even know why i agreed to do this.

why after 19 years of living does he now want to see me? because of him i have this void that will never mend.

my mother went through 2 miscarriages because of him and he blamed her for everything that he did wrong. he is a fucking scumbag and i honestly want nothing to do with him.

its a quarter past 6 and now i was waiting for his arrival. what am i going to do if i see him? i might slap or punch him. i hate him with a passion.

"n-nara? i-is that you?" a voice called on my korean name and i knew it was him that finally came. 

my heart stopped at the sight of the man who i was a splitting image of. the only difference between us was our skin color.

i'm looking at my dad face to face in years. i couldn't help but cry because the all questions and pain i've kept suddenly came rushing out.

"hey don't cry." his voice got small and he ran over to me and tried to wipe my tears. i pushed him away and he expected that.

i looked at him with so much disdain and he took this time to sit and observe me.

"you look so much like my father and i." he said smiling a bit. he was trying to uplift the tension but he only was making it worse.

"what the fuck do you want? why are you here smiling in my face like i want to see that bullshit of a smile?" i told him.

jaebum gulped and folded his hands together. a deep sigh left his lips as he looked down.

"listen, i'm sorry for leaving you and your mother i was going through a lot of shit with my father and i took it out on you guys."

jaebum looked at me and his eyes began to water. "when you were born, my father didn't want me to claim you. you were too dark, let alone half black. he told me to find ways to bleach your skin and make you appear lighter but i refused."

my heart broke even more and my lungs gave out. i started sobbing. "w-why d-didn't you rebel against him and stayed with us?!"

a few people were watching us with curiosity.

"of course i wanted to but at the time my mother was sick and my dad was too busy and too self-centered to even take care of her. she would've loved to see you if she knew about you. my father didn't tell my mother that your mom was pregnant. she died a few weeks before you were born."

"why are you here if you don't love me?" jaebum raked his hand through his hand.

"i do love you! i was just forced to leave you. i know i'm still in the wrong because i still could've seen you but i was afraid of what your mother told you about me. i know you see me as a monster but i'm just a man trying my best."

"you broke me and i don't think i can forgive you for that." i told him.

"i know nara and i truly am sorry. you and your mother was literally the best thing that happened to me and i pushed you guys away."

i saw the ring on his ring finger and rolled my eyes. "so you got remarried?"

he got taken aback and twisted his ring. "no actually. this is the ring from your mother and i wedding. even though i left, i never took it off. technically speaking, we're still married. none of us ever filed for a divorce."

there was so much more i wanted to ask him but i guess he answered most of what i needed to know.

"so where do we go from here?" he asked me.

i looked at him and wiped my eyes. "i don't know, we're just the lost ones."