Chapter 75: Growing Interest

A few days had gone by, and Aphrodite's interest in James had grown. She often found her thoughts wandering back to him.
   One day, Aphrodite was staring at the wall, smiling.

   "Dite, what's gotten into you?" Apollo asked.

   "Nothing's gotten into me and don't call me Dite."

   "But I thought that you said it was okay for me to call you by that name. It's just a nickname I made up. You needn't be so harsh. Would you rather me call you Aphro?"

   "Goodness, no. Stick with Dite."

   Later that day, Aphrodite went up to visit the young scene shifter. Little did she know, Apollo was following her close behind. His twin had been acting strangely and he intended to get to the bottom of it.

   "Buquet!" Aphrodite called out as she ran over to James.

   "Mademoiselle Destler, how good it is to see you," he replied, kissing the back of her hand. "What brings you over my way?"

   "Oh, just a casual stroll around the opera house," Aphrodite lied.

   All of a sudden, before he knew what he was doing, Apollo stepped up to James. "Hello, Good Monsieur. You must be a friend of my twin sister's. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Apollo."

   James shook hands with the younger boy. "My name is James Buquet. It is a pleasure to meet you."

   "Apollo, what are you doing here?" Aphrodite asked in annoyance.

   "Well, you see, I thought I'd take a little stroll around the opera house when I saw you over here and thought I'd come meet your friend," he lied. "It is a pleasure meet you as well."

   The two boys conversed for a few minutes. Apollo thought that James was nice, but he still felt that something wasn't quite right. He decided that he would have to keep an eye on James.

   "Well, I best get back to work. I hope to see you again, Aphrodite. Same to you, Apollo," James said.

   "Goodbye, James!" Aphrodite waved. Her brother grabbed her by the arm and swiftly led her out of the room. "Let go of me," she said once they reached the catacombs.

   "Who is that guy?" Apollo interrogated.

   "James Buquet the scene shifter. He literally just said his name. Don't you listen?" Aphrodite asked, confused.

   "Buquet! As in Joseph Buquet?"

   "Yes. Joseph is his-"

   "Grandfather," Apollo finished.

   "Yes. How did you know?" Aphrodite questioned.

   "Dite, Father was the one who killed Joseph. You have to be careful. If James is looking for revenge, he'll have your head."

   So that was where Aphrodite had heard the name before.

   "He wouldn't-"

   "You would be surprised what some people are capable of. Aphrodite, I'm not telling you this to scare you. I'm telling you this because I love you and I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

   "Apollo, I love you too. Nothing will bad will happen to me. I'll be careful. I promise."

   "Aphrodite, that's all I ask of you."