Chapter 89: Grown Up

Three years later, much had changed. Apollo had grown into a very handsome man, and Aphrodite, a very beautiful young woman. Gustave, Bella, Demetrius, and Athena had moved to an apartment nearby, and Pierre, Catherine, Victoria, and Gabriel moved into the apartment next door to them. It was an adjustment for the family, but the winds of change will continue blowing and when they do, you can either miserably oppose them or let them happily guide you.
One day, the sixteen-year-old twins were alone and having a serious discussion.

"Do you...like anybody? You know, romantically?" Aphrodite asked awkawardly.

"Yes. Do you?" Apollo inquired.

"Yes. Who do you like?"

Apollo hesitated before admitting, "Alice Gaston."

"You like Ali?"

Apollo nodded. "Who do you like?"

"Vincent."

"Vincent?" Apollo exclaimed.

"Vincent is smart and funny and very artist," Aphrodite reminded. "And he saved me from James Buquet that dreadful night."

Apollo did agree that Vincent was a good man. "I want to ask Alice out on a date. Could you help me?"

"Of course, Apollo. What do you need help with?"

"Everything. Should I go for a grand gesture?"

"Just be honest with her. Give her a genuine compliment, tell her how much you like her, and ask if she'd be interested in going out."

"That's some good advice," Apollo complimented.

"Apollo, I want to ask Vincent out. How would I do that?" Aphrodite asked.

"Just be yourself and be confident. Don't be all shy and hint at what you want and leave him to figure out what you mean."

"Thanks," Aphrodite replied. "What if we have a double date?"

"I like it. You ask Vincent out first," Apollo urged.

"What? Why me?"

"Because you're ten minutes older. You should be the one to go first. It's a rite of passage."

"Yeah, right. You're just chicken."

"Yes. Yes, I am. Please go first. Please, please-"

"Fine," Aphrodite conceded. She went to Vincent's room, Apollo following close behind. She instructed her brother to hide in the shadows and with sweaty palms, she knocked on the door.

The door was opened by a tall, handsome, seventeen-year-old boy who had dirty blonde hair and dark green eyes.

"Hello, Aphrodite. What brings you by?" Vincent greeted.

Aphrodite took a deep breath. "Vincent, I really like you. Would you like to go out on a date with me?"

"I...I don't..." Vincent stuttered. "Yes."

Aphrodite kissed Vincent on the cheek and departed. She walked over to Apollo.

"You're turn," Aphrodite said with a smile.

Apollo walked to the same door that Aphrodite did and knocked.
The door was opened by sixteen-year-old Alice who greeted Apollo with a cheery "Hello!"

"Hello, Alice. Do you have a minute?" Apollo asked nervously.

"Of course."

"First off, you look very beautiful today."

"Thank you."

"Look, I've been thinking about you a lot. I really like you, and I was wondering if you would be interested in going out on a date with me sometime."

"Apollo, I'd love to! I thought you'd never ask!" Alice exclaimed.

Soon after, Apollo departed from the girl and rejoined his sister.

"She said yes! She actually said yes!" Apollo exclaimed.

"Of course she did. You're a stud," Aphrodite replied, putting her had on her brother's cheek. "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Dite," Apollo replied, blushing slightly. "I love you."

"I love you too."