Chapter 98: A Relationship Changes

Athena did go to her parents and she told them the truth about Gustave's accident. She also told them about a few other incidents that Demetrius got blamed for. The girl was punished for her actions. The parents apologized to Demetrius and told him that he could go out with his girlfriend.
   Demetrius was particularly excited about this dinner. He didn't know exactly why, but he had an indescribable feeling in his chest and he was trying to sort out his emotions when there was a knock on his bedroom door. He told the person on the other side to come in. It was Bella who told him that he should leave soon to pick up Mia from the opera house. Demetrius agreed, his mother left the room, and he finished getting ready. He combed his hair, put on a fresh suit, and left the apartment.
   Mia was waiting for her boyfriend on the front steps of the Opera Populaire. She extended a cheery greeting when he reached her.

   "Bonjour, mon amour," Demetrius greeted, kissing her cheek. "Now, we go to supper."

   "Where are we going?" Mia asked eagerly.

   "It's a surprise," Demetrius replied with a mischievous grin.

   "Demetrius Destler, what in the world are you up to?"

   "All in time."

   The couple arrived at the big, extravagant restaurant and Mia gave a cry of surprise. "Béret Framboise! You're taking me to Béret Framboise?" The girl asked in an excited, high-pitched voice.

   "I believe that is what they call it, yes," the boy replied with a smirk. He led his date inside.

   The couple sat down at a table in the middle of the restaurant. The food was exquisite, and the bill expensive, but Demetrius didn't mind. The night was going perfectly, just as he had planned it. Demetrius had been trying to find the courage to speak his mind all night, but he couldn't find the right words.

   "Mia?" Demetrius asked.

   "What is it, love?" She inquired.

   "I...I don't know how to say this."

   "Take your time. I'll be patient."

   "Mia, I love you. Will you marry me?"

   "What?"

   "Will you marry me?"

   "Why?"

   "Because I love you."

   "I love you too," Mia replied, blushing.

   "Then, will you marry me?" Demetrius asked for the third time. He presented her with a gold ring that had a small diamond in the center.

   "Is that-"

   "The ring that you really liked from the jewelry store in New York?" Demetrius smiled knowingly. "Yes, it is."

   "How did you know? I mean, that's the exact ring. You haven't even seen it. How did you ever obtain it?" Mia questioned in amazement.

   "Meg was just in New York. I described the ring to her. She said she knew which one it was, so I gave her the money and she bought it for me."

   "You went to all that trouble just to get me a ring that I'd like?"

   "Of course. I love you. Now, are you going to marry me or not?"

   "Of course I will," Mia replied, pulling Demetrius close and kissing him.