five: secrets

"Y/N, listen! Are you listening to me?!" Draco whisper shouted at me and nudged me in an irritable matter as we walked threw the halls. It was so early and I was so tired. "Sorry, can you say it again?" I said apologetically. He scoffed rolling his eyes and pulled me to the side near Potions. Draco whispered to me making direct suspicious eye contact: "Last night, when McGonagall was escorting me, she took a stop and talked to LockHart about the chamber of secrets! She said something about one of the teachers.. they.. I don't really remember but one of them is missing, I think it's our Charm's teacher". He whispered. "What happened to her?" I whispered. "She went in the Chamber Of Secrets!" Malfoy exclaimed making a racket. I hit him upside the head. "Shush! People will hear you!" I scolded whispering. I looked around a few times, no one was staring thankfully. Not that I could see if. "How did she even get in?" I asked. Malfoy looked behind me, and nodded no at me. "Let's discuss later, Granger's staring". He muttered to me in annoyance. He glares at her and pulled me into our Potions class. Something not right was going on around here and I need to know what..

As me and Draco sat down together Professor Snape was looking at us two suspiciously. What was he thinking, probably that I lied last night. I could tell he suspected us.

Third Person:

Hermione had spread around by accident when talking to Harry and Ron about what she'd overheard from Draco and Y/N. Just as Highschool gossip it spread fast, faster than expected. By first period 70 percent of the school already knew, including Severus. Severus didn't say anything, he kept quiet, as per usual. As Draco and Y/N scuffled in, ten minutes before the bell rung, Snape suspected them. He didn't call either of them over, he kept the knowledge on the down low. He wouldn't want any of the other staff members to put Draco or Y/N on notice, if they knew what Draco and Y/N had knowledge of and that they were determined to seek for The Chamber Of Secrets, they'd probably both be suspended! Or worse, expelled. McGonagall did attempt to make it so Draco didn't hear what he heard last night, but she wasn't very careful about it. He saw potential in y/n. He wasn't sure what he saw in her, but he was curious. Despite one of his favorite quotes being "Curiosity Killed The Cat".

Y/N:

Draco and I just sat quietly as possible discussing our thoughts on what our next plan for this mystery hunt. Class had started around 20 minutes ago, but we didn't really care, we'd just blocked everything out as everyone else worked.

"You two!" Malfoy and I both broke our contact and turned our heads to see a suspicious gaze from Hermione Granger. "Nows not a grand time Hermione". I said quietly and nice as I could attempting to shoo her away at the same time. "I heard you two talking. I don't know what exactly all about but you have information about the Chamber Of Secrets". She said turned her head a bit low and keeping her volume lower so no one else would hear. Draco kicked me gently under the table, I understood. "I don't know what you're talking about". I crossed my arms and kept it as vague as possible. "You're a liar!" She shouted at us. I was taken aback by it, Hermione had never raised her voice at me. She was my friend. "Get to your seat Miss Granger. 10 points from Gryffindor for harassment". Snape said appearing to be behind her. I heard her huff and give me a piercing glare before turning her back and walking back to her seat in the very front. Snape stared at me for a moment, putting his hands together and have me a small nod. I wasn't quite sure why, he slowly and elegantly walked back to his desk, his cloak waving behind him in such a admirable manner.

For the rest of the class, the trio in the front would just look back at us over and over again, very oftenly. Draco seemed to be getting fed up with the suspicious nasty looks. The next time Hermione decided to look back at us Malfoy made intense eye contact with her and mouthed 'MudBlood' to her. Even I was shocked, what a nasty thing to do, I was a pure blood, but I would never look down upon someone for something as simple minded as that. Although I felt disappointed in Malfoy it didn't change how I thought of him. Hermione stood up and slammed her hands on the table facing us. "Your wrong! Im more that that! Your family is full of death eaters and we all know it! Your worse!" Hermione shouted just so everyone could hear. My eyes widened. That was one of the biggest accusations I've ever heard. Snape stood up to interfere immediately. I elbowed Draco. "That was rather harsh". I muttered to him. He didn't bother with apologizing. "This is the last time Miss Granger! Sit down and shut your mouth. 20 points from Gryffindor. After your classes detention". Professor Snape shouted raising his voice higher than I've ever heard. He got in Hermioje's face with a scolding glare. If that were me I would've cried, he's very intimidating. I looked to Draco and he held a devilish smile at me. I felt bad, but at the same she had it coming. I wondered if we were still friends, but it didn't feel like we were.

After that Hermione kept her mouth shut and stopped looking back at us. The rest of the class was fairly normal too. Malfoy and I decided to talk about this some other time in private.

I was in Herbology class. Soon the end of school would come and I would be detention again. But this time with Hermione. I dread for that, I really wasn't much in the mood to see her.

After a bit of thinking I wondered why Professor Snape didn't just sell me out to the teachers last night. It would've been much easier to leave me for some three teacher to deal with. Maybe I'll ask him, or not, if I have the courage to I suppose I will. I'll need a lot of courage to get the guts to. Would he even answer that question? Most likely not than likely.

The bell rang, shooting anxiety into me. As I scuffled out taking my time threw the halls to Potion's class for detention, I found myself walking by Hermione. We both had the same destination and it was in awkward silence. As we walked Hermione would angrily huff and sigh every now and again, she probably wanted me to say something; or apologize for earlier. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, she was getting under my skin. As we got closer Hermione took a stop and got in my way staring at me. "Why are you friends with Draco? Why are you even keeping secrets from me?!" Hermione blurted out loudly. She had the sound of hurt in her voice. I was speechless, I had no clue what to tell her. Why was I exactly keeping secrets? Was it Draco? I sighed and just shook my head rolling my eyes. "Oh just drop it Hermione!" I started up with an annoyed tone. I walked around her and started walking into Potions, Hermione going on complaining about my new ways. "Draco's a coward!" Hermione shouted trailing close behind me. I stopped and narrowed my eyes. I slammed my books down on my desk ask turned around looking at her. I felt strong rivalry between us.

"He's my bestfriend!" I argued.

"Then your a fool! He's an absolute imbecile!"

"At least he's not a mudblood!" I shouted without thinking. She seemed taken aback.

"What's gotten into you?! You've become just like him!"

"Girls..".

"I'll have you know-!"

"Enough! The both of you! Sit down and shut up!" Snape snapped, he slammed his hand on his desk standing straight up with an expression of aggravation. I sunk down and stayed quiet as told. I walked to the very other wise of the room, as Hermione went to the other, sitting as far as possible away from each other.

It was silent for a few moments then Snape sighed and muttered something to himself shaking his head staring at the ground. "L/N come over here". He gestured to me, I hesitantly stood up and walked on over. I stood in front of his desk waiting for further instructions nervously. "Organize these files alphabetically". He opens up a filing cabinet and takes out a cardboard box with what looked to be the biggest amount of boring papers I've ever seen! I really regretted sneaking out now.. If this was my punishment I will never sneak out again. I sighed in a bored tone and pulled the box to the ground, sitting down behind Snape's desk and took all the files out to start.

Hermione was assigned to washing all 100 tables and scrapping anything off like gum underneath. I would be sure to complain to Draco about this rubbish.

After I got to alphabetically organizing section 'E', I noticed something hidden under Professor Snape's desk. It was a thick small book. Snape sitting at his desk, hadn't noticed me staring, he was to captivated by whatever he was reading thankfully. I scored closer on my knees to look at it, the title read; "Victorian Flower Language". My eyes lit up with surprise, so he had it all this time? I figured a book about flowers wouldn't be in the restricted section. I mean it's just about the flower symbolic language. I reached over to attempt to grab it but my hand was only met with a slap from Snape's book.

"Ouch..". I muttered and shook my hand pulling it back. "We mustn't touch what isn't ours L/N". Professor Snape soothed and shooed me away. I scooted back to the files I was organizing and huffed.

My eyes lit up as I got the best idea ever. I had to tell Draco about it!