тшеитуseveп: my immortal, and a chaste kiss

Today was the day. The whole day was cleared for this particular event. The Yule Ball. I was excited, Cassidy and I had been hiding in our dorm, waiting until 7:00pm to head out. We wanted our appearance and arrival to be a complete surprise and it was perfect. We would both go in it together so if our dance partners found someone else, we'd dance with each other. As friends. But we would have no shame in it. I sat and looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was amazing, my mom was always quite fashionable, and she knew my style well. I was wearing a dress that had straps that hung on my shoulders, and only went down to the end of my knees, tight around my waist, and loose on the end of my hips to make me look presentable, a bow tied around my waist to top it off, a black sleek dress. I twirled a bit then sat down next to Cass. She wore a cute dress similar to mine, except it had gold lace, with no straps and a pink body. Making her look stunning, she even was wearing makeup. She was quite good at it too, though I didn't think she needed it. She was already pretty. "This is going to be the best night of our lives". She claimed and flopped down laying on her bed and hugged herself. I laid down next to her and crossed my arms. "I would hope so but let's not jinx that". I said. "Hey can you do my hair now?" She asked and sat up happily. "Sure".

Once I was done with Cass's hair, I checked the clock and we had about twenty minutes until the ball started. "I wonder what the boys look like". I thoughtfully rhetorically questioned curiously. "I hope not like scrubs, I won't take a picture with them if that's the case". She crossed her arms and pursed her lip making me giggle. "If that's the case then I'll take someone who's willing to dress up nice". I took Cassidy's hand and began to dance with her in a silly way, unprofessionally as Snape would say. I played around with her hands and shook my hips causing her to laugh. "Be serious!" She giggled. "Always". I joked. "Let's head down early I can't wait any longer!" She grabbed my hand and slowly took me out of our dorm, walking in the common room. The only light was from the candles around, the night light already shining in. Figures, during winter there's almsot no sun ever. No one was loitering around or in sight at all, they must all be down there already. I bit my lip and began walking up flights of stairs in some small flats. Cass wearing heels. She didn't seem to mind, I wasn't a high heel person. They were torturous in my opinion. I had my hair slick and healthy today, perfectly straight and soft, I even added perfume on myself. I just wanted to have a good time tonight. Get my mind off things.

Cassidy and I stood outside the door hesitantly. "Well... lets go". She said and hugged my arm. I nodded and opened the doors. We walked in, earning a few stares here and there, a few smiles, a few waves, butterflies swarming in my stomach. "She looks beautiful!" I heard someone say as we passed. I felt tonight was gonna be a good night. We began walking down the stairs, where Cassidy and I could see our dates waiting for us patiently, leant against a rail. Blaise suddenly noticed us and gawked at us, his expression was purely amazed. Draco slowly and uncaringly turned around, then he saw Cassidy and smirked. Blaise was wearing a nice classy tuxedo, with a bow tie instead of just a tie. For some reason I liked that. I took his hand gently. "You look handsome". I complimented and he smiled. "I know". He joked. "But you look so amazing". He flattered and kissed my hand. "There you are! Y/n! Y/n! Get over here! Let's get started". I turned my head to see Mcgonagoll hurrying over, her normal attire on, but just a bit cleaned up. She took my hand and I gripped Blaise's as she pulled me. "Get started?" I asked confused. "Did they not tell you- those boys! *sigh*. It's tradition the champions get to dance first". She explained as if she already had before a thousand times. "Oh". I nodded, hoping it wouldn't bring up a crowd to watch us. I didn't like crowds watching me.

I stood with the other champions who had their previous dates, Cedric with Cho, Fleur Delacour with a Bulgarian hunk from a few years older than her, Viktor Krum with Hermione-

Wait What. I double looked and smirked as I made eye contact with Hermione. I started to remember this dilemma. I remember she was talking about it behind everyone's back once, she didn't want an uprising because of it. She only blushed smiling back bashfully and turning away. I looked back for the last Champion, but Harry was seen nowhere. "So we have to wait on Potter now eh?" Blaise crossed his arms and let go of my hand. "I guess so". I whispered and began looking around Curiously. Then I saw him. His slick black overcoat, black undershirt, his red velvety silk tie, the tight dress pants, those pure white gloves, his tall slender body.. I looked to see Snape wearing a fitting dress outfit, I gawked I admit, he hadn't caught my eye yet, he must not know I'm here. Good. I watched him, hearing a faint voice talking to me but, I couldn't stop staring. Not now. It was Blaise but I couldn't talk to him. Not now. His unknowing expression, so ordinary, so unbeknownst of my existence right now, so perfect. "Potter's here, the dance! What are you doing get out there!" Mcgonagoll grabbed my hand and gently shoved me into the dance floor with Blaise. I quickly got into position, snapping out of it. Shit. Thank Merlin Snape hadn't caught me gawking. The soft music began, proper and formal. I straightened my posture and began moving along with Blaise looking up at him. "Do you feel honored yet?" I said, kidding. "Very". He chuckled. I could feel and see a crowd forming. I almost prayed Snape couldn't see me with him. I just wanted-... stop thinking about him Y/n! This is a night you're supposed to feel good. I shook my head and continued on trying to force myself to think of other things. Slowly the people surrounding us started to join in with partners of their own. I wondered if the teachers were aloud to dance. I wonder if Snape was dancing with someone. I watched as Rita Skeeta was being pushed out forcefull from afar, and her camera being tossed at her. She was probably taking pictures of students, or trying to if the champions. I rolled my eyes. Good she was gone at least, mangy embevile. Pesky.