siжтуfouг: living in a world so cold

It was such a strange thing, to be able to hear, and think. But something was preventing me from being able to move. I couldn't open my eyes, no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't even talk. Or move my lips, I felt strangely numb.

Other people could, I could hear them. I could feel when they touched my hand, it was an abnormal state of consciousness. I could sleep, but I would always awake like normal. But I couldn't ever see, and my arms felt funny. Not to mention that continuous beeping, I was aware I was probably in a hospital. Was I alive?

I had to be. No one would keep a dead body around for this long. I didn't know how many days had passed, but I knew it was a lot.

I could hear people talking to me, subconsciously. Crying to me, asking about me, aiding me, etc. And never have I ever heard so many beautiful things said to me before, I had no idea so many people cared about me.

But the one that never spoke to me, ever, was the Prince. Over my time, I had become very fond of naming him that. He never said a thing, but I could feel him. Hear his breathing, his sighs of anguish, and sometimes, he'd tell me he was sorry. He was probably the person who visited me the most.

The only time I could hear a word from him was when someone else was around to bother him, or pester him. I rather enjoyed listening to him become sarcastic with others, or become annoyed. He was so opinionated. It was amusing, one of the only interesting things that I could hear. I would smile, but I can't.

Sometimes he'd touch my hand, and that was obliterating to me. One of the best sensations I was aloud to feel in this unconscious coma state. He would even squeeze my hand, or intertwine our fingers. His smooth large fingers..

I hoped he wasn't losing sleep because of this. Im glad that nothing bad had happened to him. Even if I was mad at him.

This world was cold, harsh, and unforgiving.
I felt like I was living in a shell with my soul floating slowly away. Going away from reality...
It was a like a stop in time, absolutely frozen. Staring at my life, paralyzed. I was wasted away, and counting the long days.
I was too young, to feel so numb.

I was too young.

I feel numb, I can't come to life.. and the world is as cold as ever.

But, he never left my side, and he was still here right now. My heart bleeds.